Windows 10: PIN prompt doesn't appear in windows 10 start menu

Discus and support PIN prompt doesn't appear in windows 10 start menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had the laptop that the problem is occuring on Acer Swift 1 for maybe a couple of year now. Since a couple of days ago, it has been booting as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackTucker4, Jan 17, 2021.

1. PIN prompt doesn't appear in windows 10 start menu

I've had the laptop that the problem is occuring on Acer Swift 1 for maybe a couple of year now. Since a couple of days ago, it has been booting as usual, but when I go to enter my PIN the prompt never appears. It shows a faded screen with the 3 icons in the bottom right, but the prompt doesn't appear, no matter how long I wait.

So far I have tried:

. Entering safe mode - didn't do anything

. Doing a start-up repair - this didn't work as I have forgotten my windows password, which I assumed was the same as Microsoft account password.

Due to my forgotten password, none of the other troubleshoot options are possible. I'm really not sure what else to do, apart from factory reset my laptop.

:)

JackTucker4, Jan 17, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

PIN prompt doesn't appear in windows 10 start menu [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 17, 2021
  3. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jan 17, 2021
  4. PIN prompt doesn't appear in windows 10 start menu

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

PIN prompt doesn't appear in windows 10 start menu

1. PIN prompt doesn't appear in windows 10 start menu - Similar Threads - PIN prompt doesn't

2. Pinning to start menu windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pinning to start menu windows 10: I have never had any problems pinning a web page to start menu before but obviously there have been some changes. I consulted several sites on the internet and they all say to click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and select pin to start from the drop down menu. It is...
  3. Not appearing start menu

in Cortana
    Not appearing start menu: Yesterday, i updated my windows 10 version 2004. when finished update and restart my laptop. After restart when i click start option i can't see program list because when i click start menu logo auto appear search option above start menu ! Even i am not seen shutdown option,...
  4. start menu not appearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu not appearing: so my problem is that windows start menu is completely invisible, it still functions i can open apps by typing the name of the application and it will run. i have tried: DISM scan which said to not reveal any corruptions , i have tried a similar scan in power-shell which...
  5. Windows 10 log in prompt doesn't appear

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 log in prompt doesn't appear: Hello everyone. I've got this issue happening since last Sunday 03/09/2020 with my laptop. I've installed the latest update and after restarting the computer it was requested, the log in prompt doesn't appear - after I slide the lock screen up I can only see the...
  6. Windows 10 log in prompt doesn't appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 log in prompt doesn't appear: Hello everyone. I've got this issue happening since last Sunday 03/09/2020 with my laptop. I've installed the latest update and after restarting the computer it was requested, the log in prompt doesn't appear - after I slide the lock screen up I can only see the...
  7. Start menu not appearing.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu not appearing.: I changed out of Window S mode so that MS Office will work, but now Start menu will not appear when Start button is pushed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-appearing/9d72de98-ce1c-47da-af72-f50a54470740
  8. All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps doesn't appears in Start Menu: Hi, my name's Pedro and I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14332. I have a laptop Lenovo Yoga 11s, Intel I5 3339Y, 8GB, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (last driver) and 128GB SSD card. In the last build (14328), after a good install and a normal work short period, the All...
  9. Start Menu doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu doesn't appear: Help! I'm working on my friend's Win 10 laptop, I just moved it from a mechanical hard disk to an SSD, but now the start menu doesn't appear when I left click on the Win logo (Though right clicking on it does the normal right click stuff) I tried doing an SFC /Scannow -...
  10. Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Doesn't Appear In Start Menu: Hello. I have Sysinternals Autoruns installed. I created a shortcut to the executable, moved the shortcut to "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Sysinternals Software", but it simply will not show in my start menu, even after a reboot (several...