Windows 10: ? Pin Recent Items to Quick Access in W10 when using the SAVE AS

Discus and support ? Pin Recent Items to Quick Access in W10 when using the SAVE AS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recent Items will show when browsing my folders but when in a Photo app, it's not there. Only Recent Folders is shown. How to fix? 180333 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sammy888, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Sammy888 Win User

? Pin Recent Items to Quick Access in W10 when using the SAVE AS

Recent Items will show when browsing my folders but when in a Photo app, it's not there. Only Recent Folders is shown. How to fix?

:)

Sammy888, Jun 1, 2021

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 1, 2021
  3. ArmaRayo Win User
    File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, Jun 1, 2021
  4. ThePhinx Win User

File Explorer Quick Access has Recent Folders pinned but it vanishes..

You can "Pin to Quick Access" the "Recent" folder in Windows 10. But the "Recent" folder is hidden when you "Save As" from an application, which is very annoying. So here is the fix to get Recent Items showing in Save As dialog boxes:

1) Optional step: In File Explorer, if you have already pinned the "Recent" folder to Quick Access, right-click "Recent" and select "Unpin from Quick Access"

? Pin Recent Items to Quick Access in W10 when using the SAVE AS [​IMG]

2) Start a Command Prompt
    3) Copy and paste the entire following line into the Command Prompt, and then press Enter:
    mklink /j "%USERPROFILE%\Recent Items" %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent

4) Close the Command Prompt window
    5) Back to File Explorer, either click on your Username under Desktop, or browse to C:\Users\<username>
    6) You'll notice there is a new yellow shortcut named "Recent Items". Right-click it and choose "Pin to Quick Access"
    7) "Recent Items" will now appear under Quick Access.

8) "Recent Items" will also now appear under Quick Access when you use the "Save As" dialog box from any Windows 10 application.

All done! *Party

-

ThePhinx, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. ? Pin Recent Items to Quick Access in W10 when using the SAVE AS - Similar Threads - Pin Recent Items

2. Arranging items in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arranging items in Quick Access: How can I organize Quick Access items in Windows Explorer? Running Windows 11 Build 22H2.When I went to save a file, the pinned Quick Access items did not appear in the Save As dialogue box.Found them in the new Home tab, but they seem to be organized by the chronological...
  3. Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice: Items pinned in quick access recently stopped appearing on the sidebar under Home. Instead, they appear in this block on the left. For a brief time they actually appeared in the old location as well, but now they only appear in this block.I like Quick access, and just want...
  4. Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Items pinned to Quick access are showing twice: Items pinned in quick access recently stopped appearing on the sidebar under Home. Instead, they appear in this block on the left. For a brief time they actually appeared in the old location as well, but now they only appear in this block.I like Quick access, and just want...
  5. Quick Access Toolbar Not saving Pinned Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Toolbar Not saving Pinned Items: Win10PRO ver.20H2 OS build; 19042.804 Short Story; when you open explorer to see C: drive or any other drives, on the Left pane is QUICK ACCESS, Either by dragging something in there or rightclicking and adding it Quick Access, it stays but after a restart of the...
  6. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f
  7. When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When saving documents in Word, I had my recent folders pinned for quick access. I recently...: I've tried a number of different paths to get to the folder I need (it's on a shared network), including pinning it to my taskbar for quick access. Nothing I've tried has worked to make the folder I need appear when trying to save my files. It's not a personal computer, so...
  8. Hide Quick Access Items

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Quick Access Items: Hi, Using this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer] "HubMode"=dword:00000001 I hide Quick Access from Navigation Pane Is that possible to hide single items from inside Quick Access without hiding the whole thing via registry only? [img]...
  9. Quick access recently used files not showing

Quick access recently used files not showing: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...
  10. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items not showing in quick access or start list: Hi there, I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks 31689