Windows 10: Pin request at log on

Discus and support Pin request at log on in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I permanently and entirely remove the pin request that happens every time I turn on my computer now??? I have never made a pin. I just want it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaryMonk, Dec 5, 2018.

1. MaryMonk Win User

Pin request at log on

How do I permanently and entirely remove the pin request that happens every time I turn on my computer now??? I have never made a pin. I just want it to go away. I am NOT interested in using this feature.

:)

MaryMonk, Dec 5, 2018

2. pin request

Hi sanjay28

Thank you for posting and welcome to Nokia forum! :Cool:

Your Nokia device requests PIN (Personal Identification Number) code to protect your SIM card and device against unauthorized use. Note that all PIN code is provided by your network operator. Nokia is not able
    to provide you PIN or PUK codes.

Please note the following:

• When your insert your SIM card and boot up your device for the first time, you need to enter the PIN code. For security reasons it is recommended to change it to your own code, instructions on how to change the PIN code in your
      device is provided in the user guide or Nokia web site. If the PIN code is entered incorrectly multiple times, your device may request a PUK code to futher validate the user's identity and to unlock and change the blocked PIN code.

• The PIN2 code is a PIN code which acts as a second layer of protection for certain features of your phone. If the PIN2 code is entered incorrectly multiple
      times, your phone may request a PUK2 code.
    If you have forgotten or simply do not know the codes, you must contact your Network Operator for assistance. However, if you have already contacted but the code does not work, you should consider getting a new SIM card from your Network Operator.

emilygreen---01, Dec 5, 2018
  3. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Pin request at log on

Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Pin request at log on

1. Pin request at log on - Similar Threads - Pin request log

2. Windows 11 pin request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pin request: I'm having issues signing on to my laptop due to a pin request. I have only used passwords. I'm not even given an option to change sign-on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pin-request/c79030fa-fcb6-4a8f-b1ac-2e5e51014ef3
  3. Pin log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin log in: Do you people even read the questions?! People keep saying they can't log in to windows and you give them instructions on how to clear they're pin that they can only do while LOGGED IN TO WINDOWS! Why is there not a recovery tool for the windows pin at the log in screen? Why...
  4. Pin log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin log in: Do you people even read the questions?! People keep saying they can't log in to windows and you give them instructions on how to clear they're pin that they can only do while LOGGED IN TO WINDOWS! Why is there not a recovery tool for the windows pin at the log in screen? Why...
  5. Log in with PIN

Log in with PIN: I can not log in on my computer and already reset it all. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-with-pin/1c7f3dd0-4f9d-4152-a3d4-7d837530f194
  6. Pin log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin log in: How do I disable the pin and also the password requirement to start up computer? I want both removed for a special needs child. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-log-in/05e00a03-5f8c-43ea-9939-92ad2f422074
  7. Pin log in

Pin log in: How do I disable the pin and also the password requirement to start up computer? I want both removed for a special needs child. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-log-in/05e00a03-5f8c-43ea-9939-92ad2f422074
  8. Random pin request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Random pin request: A box popped up when I opened Paint 3D asking for my pin, because apparently windows needed to confirm it was me. Seemed odd as I've never seen this before so I closed it hit x and it disappeared. I could carry on regardless without confirming, so why did windows want to...
  9. Halting PIN Reset Requests

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Halting PIN Reset Requests: When I set up my wife's business PC, I tried to link it to my employer I do use it to connect to my email and timecard systems now and then, now I'm asked to reset my PIN every 90 days. I removed my employer from the "Access Work or School" section of the User Settings, but...
  10. Windows 10 PIN request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 PIN request: After the latest update, after I boot up and before I log on, Windows asks me to create a PIN. Is this request legitimate? Can I turn this off? This is a PC without touchscreen or camera for facial recognition....