Windows 10: PIN requirement with update

Discus and support PIN requirement with update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had my Surface for less than a month, i do not have a keyboard, i use the one on the screen. I just had a new update and my facial recognition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SuzetteJourney, Sep 16, 2018.

1. PIN requirement with update

I have had my Surface for less than a month, i do not have a keyboard, i use the one on the screen. I just had a new update and my facial recognition won’t work and is telling me i need a PIN, but i have no where to create one.

:)

SuzetteJourney, Sep 16, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PIN requirement with update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 16, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Sep 16, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

PIN requirement with update

Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

PIN requirement with update

1. PIN requirement with update - Similar Threads - PIN requirement update

2. Administrator Requires PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator Requires PIN: When I log onto my personal laptop, ever since I bought it, there has been this notice that my administrator requires a PIN. I have to change it every so often, and it is annoying. This is my personal laptop, purchased by me for personal use, and there should not be any...
  3. Administrator Requires PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Requires PIN: When I log onto my personal laptop, ever since I bought it, there has been this notice that my administrator requires a PIN. I have to change it every so often, and it is annoying. This is my personal laptop, purchased by me for personal use, and there should not be any...
  4. Administrator Requires PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sudden PIN requirement

Sudden PIN requirement: We have a 4-year old laptop. We have suddenly encountered a demand that we enter a PIN to access our computer upon start-up. We're relatively ignorant regarding tech so if someone could explain how to rectify this without a lot of technical jargon, we'd appreciate it....
  6. Sudden PIN requirement

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sudden PIN requirement: We have a 4-year old laptop. We have suddenly encountered a demand that we enter a PIN to access our computer upon start-up. We're relatively ignorant regarding tech so if someone could explain how to rectify this without a lot of technical jargon, we'd appreciate it....
  7. PIN Requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Requirements: A month after updating to Windows 11, I got a notification stating that my organization requires I change my Pin code. This is a personal computer and no organization is involved. I don't want to have to change the Pin every month, but can't find where to change this...
  8. PIN Requirements

PIN Requirements: A month after updating to Windows 11, I got a notification stating that my organization requires I change my Pin code. This is a personal computer and no organization is involved. I don't want to have to change the Pin every month, but can't find where to change this...
  9. Windows Pin Required

Windows Pin Required: When I have followed the posted directions for deleting the pin, it does not work. It will not allow me to leave it blank. It actually says it is required. I would really rather not have to enter one in each and every time. Can you help?...
  10. Latest update requires pin for sign in?

Latest update requires pin for sign in?: After the last microsoft update, my system is requesting that I now set up a pin for extra security. Is this legit? I worked my way around it but I prefer signing in with my password. How can I eliminate the request?...