Windows 10: PIN reset

Discus and support PIN reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I don't remember my PIN. How can I get it reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-reset/e2385d7b-765a-4826-8470-e726d3aa50f0 Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RalphRambow1, May 8, 2020.

1. PIN reset

I don't remember my PIN. How can I get it reset?

:)

RalphRambow1, May 8, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 8, 2020
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, May 8, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

PIN reset

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 8, 2020
Thema:

PIN reset

1. PIN reset - Similar Threads - PIN reset

2. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  3. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin sign in disabled. How to reset: How to reinstall pin sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-sign-in-disabled-how-to-reset/1cc88abe-0f6a-4a22-8d56-99142e25419e
  4. Pin sign in disabled. How to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN: HP All in One on Windows 11My computer says connected no internet to every network. I’ve tried restarting and plugging it into the WiFi tower directly.After restarting it a few times it said it needed me to reset the PIN, which can’t be done without Internet. I tried using...
  6. Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN

Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN: HP All in One on Windows 11My computer says connected no internet to every network. I’ve tried restarting and plugging it into the WiFi tower directly.After restarting it a few times it said it needed me to reset the PIN, which can’t be done without Internet. I tried using...
  7. how to reset my laptop PIN through web.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to reset my laptop PIN through web.: so i forget the PIN to login to my laptop. when i tried forget password, it comes alright but the keybord is not responding. so i need help to reset it if it can be done online...
  8. how to reset my laptop PIN through web.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reset my laptop PIN through web.: so i forget the PIN to login to my laptop. when i tried forget password, it comes alright but the keybord is not responding. so i need help to reset it if it can be done online...
  9. how to reset my laptop PIN through web.

10. Windows 10 Hello Knows Pin, Forgot Password, Cannot reset either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hello Knows Pin, Forgot Password, Cannot reset either: I have a Window 10 computer that I am trying to log into. I have not logged into it since last year but someone else did and when I came back, I simply could not get in.There is only one account on the desktop.I know the pin. However, when I go to enter the pin, it says...