Windows 10: Pin set up not working

Discus and support Pin set up not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,My laptop had to be wiped after it needed a new motherboard and on return I had to set up my account etc again, but didn’t have to use the pin or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChantalHay1, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Pin set up not working

Hi,My laptop had to be wiped after it needed a new motherboard and on return I had to set up my account etc again, but didn’t have to use the pin or make any changes etc to it to do this.I also changed my email for my Microsoft account when setting up as that old email account is away to be closed down.I’ve come to log in for the first time since doing all this and everything is going fine with the new email and password but then it asks me to set up the pin and when I click next on that screen it keeps saying something is wrong with the pin set up so I can either try again, and I get this sam

:)

ChantalHay1, Oct 9, 2021

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 9, 2021
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Oct 9, 2021
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Pin set up not working

Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

Pin set up not working

1. Pin set up not working - Similar Threads - Pin set working

2. Set up PIN does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up PIN does not work: Set up PIN does not work. I can not login to my windows and start using my laptop because it keeps asking me to create a PIN. When I try it says "we were not able to set up your pin". try again or skip. When I click try again same issue all the time. The skip button does not...
  3. Set up PIN does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up PIN does not work: Set up PIN does not work. I can not login to my windows and start using my laptop because it keeps asking me to create a PIN. When I try it says "we were not able to set up your pin". try again or skip. When I click try again same issue all the time. The skip button does not...
  4. Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.: When I turn on my computer it used to require a pin to sign in, now it says I am required to reset my pin. When I do so I have to sign in and change pin, however it keeps saying error try again. The password meets the requirements and it is written correctly on both inputs. I...
  5. Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.

Changing or setting up a pin for sign in is not working.: When I turn on my computer it used to require a pin to sign in, now it says I am required to reset my pin. When I do so I have to sign in and change pin, however it keeps saying error try again. The password meets the requirements and it is written correctly on both inputs. I...
  6. setting up pin doesn’t work

setting up pin doesn’t work: Hello! So I tried resetting and rebooting my laptop for a couple of times already. But the pin set up still isnt working when I’m doing so. my fingerprint is not working either. It says I need to setup pin but kept getting the same error message that microsoft cannot set up...
  7. setting up pin doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up pin doesn’t work: Hello! So I tried resetting and rebooting my laptop for a couple of times already. But the pin set up still isnt working when I’m doing so. my fingerprint is not working either. It says I need to setup pin but kept getting the same error message that microsoft cannot set up...
  8. Pin set up not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin set up not working: Hi,My laptop had to be wiped after it needed a new motherboard and on return I had to set up my account etc again, but didn’t have to use the pin or make any changes etc to it to do this.I also changed my email for my Microsoft account when setting up as that old email...
  9. Pin set up not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin set up not working: Hi,My laptop had to be wiped after it needed a new motherboard and on return I had to set up my account etc again, but didn’t have to use the pin or make any changes etc to it to do this.I also changed my email for my Microsoft account when setting up as that old email...
  10. Windows 10 pin set up not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 pin set up not working: I am using an HP Spectre 360 with Windows 10. When I first got it I set up the pin no problem. In the last couple of months I had a problem with the battery and I had to get the techs to change the battery. They also changed the SDD as it was getting a bit flaky. They...