Windows 10: PIN set up option is gone! PIN is required to set up Hello Fingerprint and Face sign-in.

Discus and support PIN set up option is gone! PIN is required to set up Hello Fingerprint and Face sign-in. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Ever since my Windows updated, I lost the ability to use my fingerprint. I also don't have the option to remove or change my PIN. Not my Windows Hello... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DanielIp2, Aug 11, 2021.

1. DanielIp2 Win User

PIN set up option is gone! PIN is required to set up Hello Fingerprint and Face sign-in.

Ever since my Windows updated, I lost the ability to use my fingerprint. I also don't have the option to remove or change my PIN. Not my Windows Hello PIN but my PIN... Every time I attempt to re-setup the fingerprint, I'm asked for the PIN which I'm not able to reset cuz I can't find it in the first place! And the loop goes on and on..I've attached some screenshots of the settings screen and the only sign-in options available to me. Please help!!

:)

DanielIp2, Aug 11, 2021
  2. Wullail Win User

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Aug 11, 2021
  3. tjc4 Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

4. Bryan2525 Win User

PIN set up option is gone! PIN is required to set up Hello Fingerprint and Face sign-in.

Windows Hello Requiring PIN to sign in. Fingerprint not saving

I have a strange bug in my system.

1) I cannot seem to have my have Windows Hello log me in without needing a PIN.

2) When adding a fingerprint, It asks for me to set up a PIN. I already have a pin set up. So I put in that pin, it accepts it, and then doesn't save my fingerprint

3) when I click on "Windows Hello PIN" under sign in options, it doesn't recognize that I have a PIN already. It tries to get me through the process to create one. In the middle of its request, it asks for my PIN to confirm my identity. I put it in, and
    it goes back to the options screen.

I have reset my windows and updated all drivers. It is annoying.

Bryan2525, Aug 11, 2021
Thema:

1. PIN set up option is gone! PIN is required to set up Hello Fingerprint and Face sign-in. - Similar Threads - PIN set option

2. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up PIN as a sign-in option: Hello, My Windows sign in was temporarily disrupted by an accidental addition of a work account on my personal PC, forcing me to sign in using a password instead of my preferred PIN. I have removed the account but am getting an error when attempting to switch it back to PIN...
  3. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up PIN as a sign-in option: Hello, My Windows sign in was temporarily disrupted by an accidental addition of a work account on my personal PC, forcing me to sign in using a password instead of my preferred PIN. I have removed the account but am getting an error when attempting to switch it back to PIN...
  4. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Setting up Windows Hello Pin requires me to type the Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Windows Hello Pin requires me to type the Pin: Recently I tried entering a password into a KeepassXC application, but it asked me for a Microsoft PIN.I have never set up the Microsoft PIN, so my thought was that if I enable the PIN I could then loginto the keepass database. When I tried to setup the PIN Settings ->...
  6. Setting up Windows Hello Pin requires me to type the Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up Windows Hello Pin requires me to type the Pin: Recently I tried entering a password into a KeepassXC application, but it asked me for a Microsoft PIN.I have never set up the Microsoft PIN, so my thought was that if I enable the PIN I could then loginto the keepass database. When I tried to setup the PIN Settings ->...
  7. Setting up Windows Hello Pin requires me to type the Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint

Unable to Set Up Pin or Windows Hello Fingerprint: I am trying to get my fingerprint sensor back to working on my Dell XPS 15 7590, but Windows will not allow me to do so. I believe the issue comes from the PIN setup not working properly. When I go to settings>sign-in options and click Windows Hello PIN, the only option is...
  9. Cannot set up Hello PIN and Fingerprint

Cannot set up Hello PIN and Fingerprint: Hi anyone has encountered this problem - when you want to set up Hello Pin and Fingerprint sign-in option but u cannot press the button on "set up". It says "this option is currently unavailable - click here to learn more". I have been trying multiple times but it does not...
  10. regarding fingerprint and pin set up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    regarding fingerprint and pin set up: I reset my laptop before 5 days to solv some software problem. I called to the dell support and they did this and reset my laptop and now I am trying to set my pin and finger print ,I am unable to set it. what should I do, I tried a lot ....