Windows 10: Pin shortcuts to Start

Discus and support Pin shortcuts to Start in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to add shortcuts to my Start Menu. I know you can add programs plus items like Control Panel and administrative tools. But I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DougVillaire, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Pin shortcuts to Start

I would like to add shortcuts to my Start Menu. I know you can add programs plus items like Control Panel and administrative tools. But I would like to add my saved Remote Desktop Connection sessions. I hate having to minimize all my windows at get to my Desktop. And I don't like having to drill down through an explorer window to see the icons on my desktop. I would be so much easier to click the start button and then select the icon i have added to my Start Menu. Is this possible?

:)

DougVillaire, Aug 7, 2020

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 7, 2020
  3. MDD0799 Win User
    How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Sergiy Shklyar - You are a genius. This is the solution for pinning a non-executable to the Start Menu. Many thanks.

MDD0799, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Pin shortcuts to Start

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

At first, you can create a shortcut in your Programs folder
    (in a hidden folder C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs). The shortcut appears in
    All apps list. Then you can pin it to Start menu / Taskbar as Mayank Gupta10 suggested.

The common way is to create a shortcut on the Desktop.
    But the more elegant way is creating Custom toolbars.

Sergiy Shklyar, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Pin shortcuts to Start

1. Pin shortcuts to Start - Similar Threads - Pin shortcuts Start

2. Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior: Windows 11 with all current updatesI created a shortcut on the desktop that runs a Cygwin-X server. The shortcut target is: C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/xlaunch.exe -run /home/jim/.xlaunch/jhg.xlaunchDouble-clicking this shortcut has the intended effect, starting...
  3. Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior: Windows 11 with all current updatesI created a shortcut on the desktop that runs a Cygwin-X server. The shortcut target is: C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/xlaunch.exe -run /home/jim/.xlaunch/jhg.xlaunchDouble-clicking this shortcut has the intended effect, starting...
  4. Shortcut to Windows Update - How to Pin to Start?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Shortcut to Windows Update - How to Pin to Start?: Hi My third and final question of the day (!) I have created a desktop shortcut for Windows Update and changed the icon to the 'Double Arrow' from the default 'Gear Wheel' (meant editing a Group Policy) but when I right click the desktop shortcut, there is no option to 'Pin...
  5. Pin a shortcut to Start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pin a shortcut to Start: I have Among Us Epic Games on my laptop, and I want to pin it to the start menu. I could just pin Among Us exact url C:/Program Files/..., however, multiplayer does not work because it has to open in the Epic Games launcher, which is why Epic Games created a shortcut on the...
  6. Pin down shortcuts on the left side of the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin down shortcuts on the left side of the start menu: I did an upgrade from win 7 to 10. Some glitches, but nothing I can handle. But i didn't like when u pin down a short cut on the start menu, it went to right. I want some program to pin down on the leftside, like win7. Is't possible to do that on win10? 14515
  7. Unable to Pin Shortcut to Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Pin Shortcut to Start: I installed Ccleaner and inadvertently unchecked the 'Create shortcut on start menu.' I've uninstalled and reinstalled, created a shortcut and copied to the 2 Start Menu/Programs but it still won't show up in the start menu. Any ideas? 107095
  8. Pin Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin Shortcut: I have created a shortcut on my Desktop that will take me to a specific url - is it possible to pin this shortcut to the taskbar? Many thanks 40837
  9. How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Pin IE Shortcuts to Start Menu: UPDATE: See Edwin's method in Post #4 for IE it is much easier than mine. But for other browsers use this method. Since you cannot just drag and drop a shortcut to a web site into the app menu the way I do it is to create a short cut on my desktop then copy it into the...
  10. Pin shortcuts to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin shortcuts to Start Menu: What am I missing here? I can pin exe's with a right click but trying to do this with a desktop shortcut does nothing. If it is not allowed, why does the context menu have 'Pin to start' in it? Just wondering. 8914