Windows 10: PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled

Discus and support PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey,So since a reset a while back, I've had this issue where Windows Settings shows that I don't have a PIN set however it prompts me for my PIN on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Brizeee, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Brizeee Win User

PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled

Hey,So since a reset a while back, I've had this issue where Windows Settings shows that I don't have a PIN set however it prompts me for my PIN on sign in - and if I try and add a PIN it will ask me to enter my current PIN to confirm then close without asking for a new PIN.Looking for a way to make Windows understand that I already have one and behave correctly - I've tried deleting my Ngc folder which caused a bit of panic because "Require Windows Hell sign-in for Microsoft accounts" was On and disabled because Windows Hello isn't Set up, fixed that via Regedit and doing so allows me to

:)

Brizeee, Nov 17, 2022

2. Disable Sign In PIN

Hi I'm Peter an independent advisor, if you want to disable Windows 10 PIN sign in option, you can do it in this way.

Step 1: Press Windows and R key on the keyboard and enter gpedit.msc on Run open box. Then, press Enter or click the OK button to access Local Group Policy Editor.

run gpedit.msc

Step 2: In this interface, access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Systems > Logon > Turn on PIN sign-in.

turn on PIN sign in option

Step 3: Double click Turn on PIN sign-in, and set this option to Disabled. Then click OK and Apply button. After that, the PIN sign in option is disabled.

PeterFlynn4, Nov 17, 2022
  3. Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 17, 2022
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Disabling "Turn on convenience key PIN sign-in" doesn't work.

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to use the Group Policy Editor Console to override the ability to use PIN sign-in feature on your system. This option is used within the Domain systems to configure the PIN sign-in feature.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to disable PIN sign-in feature through registry:

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However,
    serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. To do
    that, you may refer the article on
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Press the Windows key and
      R key, this will open the Run dialogue box for you.
    2. Type regedit and press
      Enter, this will open the Registry Editor.
    3. Navigate to the location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptions

4. In the right pane, under
      Name look for value. Right-click on it and select
      Modify.
    5. Set the Value data to
      0 (setting it to 1 will enable the PIN sign-in feature) and click on
      OK.
    6. Restart the system and check if the PIN option is disabled in the Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.

If the issue still persists, since you are trying to make changes in the Group Policy Editor Console,
    I would suggest you to post your query in IT Pro ‘TechNet’ forums,
    where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on issues with the Group Policy Editor Console to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Nov 17, 2022
Thema:

1. PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled - Similar Threads - PIN Sign Enabled

2. PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled: Hey,So since a reset a while back, I've had this issue where Windows Settings shows that I don't have a PIN set however it prompts me for my PIN on sign in - and if I try and add a PIN it will ask me to enter my current PIN to confirm then close without asking for a new...
  3. PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN Sign In Enabled but Settings shows it as disabled: Hey,So since a reset a while back, I've had this issue where Windows Settings shows that I don't have a PIN set however it prompts me for my PIN on sign in - and if I try and add a PIN it will ask me to enter my current PIN to confirm then close without asking for a new...
  4. How to Enable or Disable PIN Reset at Sign-in screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable PIN Reset at Sign-in screen on Windows 10: One important difference to note between a password and a Hello PIN is that the PIN is tied to the specific device on which it was set up, and can ONLY be used to access that specific Windows 10 device. If you forgot your PIN, you can reset it. If you have a Microsoft account...
  5. Disable PIN Sign In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable PIN Sign In: I just "upgraded" my Windows 10 system to 20H2...and one of the "gifts" the wonderful programmers at Microsoft included forced me to provide a PIN for logging in to my desktop. After which my password doesn't work anymore! To be clear, I can sign in with the PIN...but...
  6. Disable Sign In PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable Sign In PIN: I read online how to disable PIN which is clicking on forget my PIN. What to do if Forget my PIN isn't an option? TY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-sign-in-pin/760c358c-cd78-41b0-b809-5d9b63267d1f
  7. Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to disable password sign in, but enable Windows Hello or pin to sign in to a PC: Because face recognition, fingerprint or Yubikey are more secure, I want to disable password sign in on my computer. I tried netplwiz and unchecking 'user must enter a user name and password to use this computer', but then the PC starts without any sign in option, so no...
  8. Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can choose how much information you want to share with Microsoft by changing your privacy...
  9. Enable or Disable PIN Reset at Sign-in in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable PIN Reset at Sign-in in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable PIN Reset at Sign-in in Windows 10 [img] Information PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and services. One important difference between a password and a Hello PIN is that the PIN is tied to...
  10. Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to sign in to their device using a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and services....