Windows 10: PIN sign in issue

Discus and support PIN sign in issue in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am not able to sign in as I have forgotten my windows password and PIN. PIN is required for sign in and 'I Forgot My PIN' option is not working... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AksharaJadav, Jul 5, 2020.

1. PIN sign in issue

I am not able to sign in as I have forgotten my windows password and PIN. PIN is required for sign in and 'I Forgot My PIN' option is not working either. Is there any way I can recover my PIN and password?

:)

AksharaJadav, Jul 5, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

PIN sign in issue

PIN issue - signing in on a different computer

Hi Zelina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

A PIN is local to the device. It isn’t transmitted anywhere and it isn’t stored on the server unlike password. When a PIN is created, it establishes a trusted relationship with the identity provider and creates an asymmetric key pair that is used for
    authentication. PIN is tied to the specific device on which it was set up. That PIN is of no use without that specific hardware.

You can bypass the option to sign in with PIN while setting up the account on PC. You may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Sign in with your boyfriend’s account.
    • Press Win + R keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box: netplwiz
    • Remove your account from there.
    • Add your account again, skip the PIN setup when it prompts you to.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you need by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

PIN sign in issue

1. PIN sign in issue - Similar Threads - PIN sign issue

2. PIN Sign in issues Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Sign in issues Windows 11: My Windows Hello PIN isn't working, and I have no alternative password options. Every time I try to reset it, it shows me a window with the text below.Microsoft account×Something went wrongWe weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a...
  3. PIN Sign in issues Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN Sign in issues Windows 11: My Windows Hello PIN isn't working, and I have no alternative password options. Every time I try to reset it, it shows me a window with the text below.Microsoft account×Something went wrongWe weren't able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a...
  4. sign in issue by fingerprint, pin forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in issue by fingerprint, pin forgotten: i recently changed my device login pin , I have already added my fingerprint, but on lock screen on choosing sign in method as pingerprint it is not signing in by fingerprint nor by Ms account password , it is again ann again asking for pin...
  5. Can't sign in to Windows PIN issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Windows PIN issues: I opened my computer to find that i needed to enter my pin instead of use my fingerprint. I'm not sure why this happened, maybe my kids were trying to sign in. I then asked me to enter a phrase A1B2C3, this allowed me to enter my pin which I did. It appeared to be incorrect...
  6. Can't sign in to Windows PIN issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to Windows PIN issues: It then told me to restart the computer and try again. This has been an endless loop.I checked the sign-in options where only fingerprint and pin appeared. There was no option to log in with my Microsoft password.There is no option to reset pin.Anyone have any ideas?...
  7. issue of signing in with PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    issue of signing in with PIN Windows Hello: I cant seem to login using any of the options given, but what im mostly worried about is that I'am unable to log in at the moment to my adminstrator account using the usuall PIN key that I used to log in with. As will as not being able to reset the Pin key at all not in...
  8. PIN sign in issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN sign in issue.: My laptop rejects my PIN # saying that my corporation requires me to change my PIN. This is a personal laptop that I occasionally use on my work network. I am signed into my personal account. Facial recognition will not work until I change my PIN. I would prefer to keep my...
  9. PIN sign in issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN sign in issue.: My laptop rejects my PIN # saying that my corporation requires me to change my PIN. This is a personal laptop that I occasionally use on my work network. I am signed into my personal account. Facial recognition will not work until I change my PIN. I would prefer to keep my...
  10. Laptop pin sign in issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop pin sign in issue: Hi...I am having issue trying to log into my laptop, when I tried to put in my pin code it said there has been an error and need to reset pin press the reset pin logo underneath and doesn't do anything, tried so many times and still won't let me ...So I tried to go through...