Windows 10: pin sign-in option missing--can't log in

Discus and support pin sign-in option missing--can't log in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there, We have an HP tablet and have only ever signed in with a pin--don't even think a password was set, if that's possible. The other day, the pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/InsideChipmunk, Nov 15, 2019.

1. pin sign-in option missing--can't log in

Hi there, We have an HP tablet and have only ever signed in with a pin--don't even think a password was set, if that's possible. The other day, the pin option to sign in was not there, only sign in options available were password and smart card. Because we have no passwords to sign in (windows/microsoft not recognizing any of our email addresses either, so I don't know if we ever made an account (again, if that's even possible), we can't get in to access safemode/whatever other workarounds there are. Any help is much appreciated. As evidenced by this post, I'm not overly tech savvy.
    Thank you very much

submitted by /u/InsideChipmunk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/InsideChipmunk, Nov 15, 2019

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Hello & PIN sign-in options missing

Hi,

The Hello (face recognition) and PIN options have disappeared from the sign-in options on my Dell Inspiron running Windows 10.

This occurred after having to resolve a SecureBoot problem - likely to be due to a recent automatic upgrade.

Each time I try and set a new image and new PIN, I get caught in a loop for the PIN and the image for Hello never successfully forces through creation of Hello and PIN sign-in options.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

BArry

BarryMacleod-Cullinane, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

pin sign-in option missing--can't log in

Lost the ability to log into Windows 10 with PIN

Hi Przemyslaw,

Some system components may be missing or corrupted, causing the problem you are facing to occur. Before we can fully address this, please answer some things so we can understand this better:

• Did this start after updates were installed on the computer?
    • Does the same situation happen when you add a pin as your sign-in option in Windows Settings?

Since you have tried adding the option in Control Panel, let's see if there will be a difference when we do it in Windows Settings. Follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Open Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Go to Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Add.

You can also try the suggestions posted by John Rubdy on this

page

Let us know if the steps above help you set up a PIN on your computer.

Regards.

Ruz San, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

pin sign-in option missing--can't log in

1. pin sign-in option missing--can't log in - Similar Threads - pin sign option

2. PIN and sign in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN and sign in options: I am trying to change my PIN on the new installed windows 11. When I go to sign in options and go to PIN it tells me I cant change or set a new PIN and that its only available to Companies. I already have a PIN and that's how I log in into my account but I cant change it....
  3. PIN and sign in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN and sign in options: I am trying to change my PIN on the new installed windows 11. When I go to sign in options and go to PIN it tells me I cant change or set a new PIN and that its only available to Companies. I already have a PIN and that's how I log in into my account but I cant change it....
  4. Windows Hello PIN Sign-In Option Missing in Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello PIN Sign-In Option Missing in Settings: Yesterday I successfully upgraded from1909 to 21H1.The Windows Hello PIN Sign-In Option is missing in Settings\Accounts\Sign-In Options in two out of three Administrator accounts.The only options there are Security Key and Password.I have set a login PIN in one Administrator...
  5. Sign-in Pin Option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign-in Pin Option: I've followed all support articles as to how enable, set up and activate pin, and how to take ownership of the Ngc files and still my dell computer does not show PIN sign-in option the Windows log-on. HELP!!!...
  6. PIN isn't available and missing it in Sign-in Options setting.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN isn't available and missing it in Sign-in Options setting.: Hi, Since yesterday I discovered that I can no longer use my fingerprint reader and PIN to log into my Windows 10 . I also can no longer open outlook email accounts, Windows Store, and some applications that are downloaded from the Windows store. Every time I want to open...
  7. FINGERPRINT & PIN OPTIONS MISSING IN SIGN-IN IN WINDOWS 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FINGERPRINT & PIN OPTIONS MISSING IN SIGN-IN IN WINDOWS 10: FINGERPRINT AND PIN OPTION ARE MISSING IN SIGN-IN OPTION.. I AM USING WINDOWS 10 - PRO - 64 BIT KINDLY HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-pin-options-missing-in-sign-in-in/83a37142-cf7b-4a75-82b5-4c25b47b0e59
  8. Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu: Despite having registered a PIN when first prompted, the option to change my PIN seems to be missing from my sign-in options. Is there a way to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  9. Can't log onto a laptop, no PIN options.

Can't log onto a laptop, no PIN options.: Hi My wife has a ASUS laptop and yesterday the computer crashed on her. When she turned it back on, on the sign-in screen, she was asked for a password. Unfortunately, she doesn't know any of her Microsoft account passwords (she never uses them). She has always used a...
  10. Can't sign in - log on missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign in - log on missing: When turning on my laptop, it goes normaly, but i cant log in, the profile picture and the bar where the password is typed is gone. Already tried restarting 3 times and opening in safe mode and logged in from there, run chkdsk and restart. But still i cant log in , in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pin sign in option missing