Windows 10: Pin sign in options unavailable

Discus and support Pin sign in options unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Ever since I accidentally typed my password wrong multiple times, majority of my sign in options pin and fingerprint have become unavailable.Every time... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NotFailed1stGrade, May 18, 2022.

1. Pin sign in options unavailable

Ever since I accidentally typed my password wrong multiple times, majority of my sign in options pin and fingerprint have become unavailable.Every time I open my laptop and I press "change pin" and sign into my Microsoft account , it just says its unavailable and to try again later, and when I try to fix it onto my laptop it opens a new tab and then just instantly closes.How do I fix this?

:)

NotFailed1stGrade, May 18, 2022
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, May 18, 2022
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 18, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Pin sign in options unavailable

Windows Hello Face Sign In Option Unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Face and PIN on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

Reset Windows Hello Biometric Database:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on OK.
    3. Look for Windows Biometric Service, double click on it and click on Stop.
    4. Now, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, take a backup of all the files inside the WinBioDatabase folder.
    5. After taking a backup of the files, delete all the files.
    6. Now, open Services by following step 1 and 2, and restart the Windows Biometric Service.
    7. Go to Start >> Settings >> Accounts >> Sign-in options and register the Face data again.

You may want to refer the suggestions provided by EddyK
    replied on ‎03-29-2020 in the thread
    Windows sign-in options "currently unavailable"

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Pin sign in options unavailable

1. Pin sign in options unavailable - Similar Threads - Pin sign options

2. Sign in options unavailable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in options unavailable?: I went into my sign-in options in settings and found that under facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, and pin it says "this option is currently unavailable." Underneath there is an exclamation mark with "something went wrong. Try again later." Also all the options to...
  3. Sign in Options are unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in Options are unavailable: For a few months now I have been unable to use any sign-in option other than facial recognition and my pin. At first, it didn't bother me because I didn't really need any other option but now I can't use my biometric scan and I can't change my pin if I want to. I am currently...
  4. Sign in Options are unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign in Options are unavailable: For a few months now I have been unable to use any sign-in option other than facial recognition and my pin. At first, it didn't bother me because I didn't really need any other option but now I can't use my biometric scan and I can't change my pin if I want to. I am currently...
  5. Pin sign in options unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin sign in options unavailable: Ever since I accidentally typed my password wrong multiple times, majority of my sign in options pin and fingerprint have become unavailable.Every time I open my laptop and I press "change pin" and sign into my Microsoft account , it just says its unavailable and to try again...
  6. Pin sign in options unavailable

Pin sign in options unavailable: Ever since I accidentally typed my password wrong multiple times, majority of my sign in options pin and fingerprint have become unavailable.Every time I open my laptop and I press "change pin" and sign into my Microsoft account , it just says its unavailable and to try again...
  7. Unavailable sign-in options

Unavailable sign-in options: Is there any way to fix these unavailable sign-in options like Facial Recognition, Fingerprint Recognition and PIN? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unavailable-sign-in-options/3ca88f0d-6d92-47de-86d0-61374835937e
  8. Sign in options unavailable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in options unavailable: HelloI am trying to change my PIN but when I go to sign in options it says Windows Hello Pin feature I currently unavailable. Right now I am using Windows Hello Face to log in, which I just started doing a couple months ago. I have followed all the how to instructions that I...
  9. Unavailable sign in options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unavailable sign in options: This screenshot shows that I am unavailable to change my sign in settings and add fingerprints and change my pin. This seems odd since I was able to change these just yesterday. Please help...
  10. PIN is unavailable for sign in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PIN is unavailable for sign in: I attempted to log in to my laptop today and received a "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." Message. Clicking "Set up my PIN" does nothing for a moment, then goes back to the lock screen. I was able to re-enable the password...