Windows 10: PIN sign-in problem

Discus and support PIN sign-in problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I set up my PINfor the first time along with the finger print sign in. Then I tried logging in with the finger print but then it shows that I need... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by meghajanghera, Oct 30, 2020.

1. PIN sign-in problem

Hi, I set up my PINfor the first time along with the finger print sign in. Then I tried logging in with the finger print but then it shows that I need to sign in with my PIN too. I tried logging in with the PIN but then it shows that 'Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available code: 0x80090027. Restart your device to see if that fixes the problem'. I did it but again it shows the same problem? Luckily I set up my password too, so I was able to sign in with it. I changed my PIN again and try logging in with the PIN, but again it shows the same problem so then I removed my finger print password and tried logging in again but it was of no use, it still shows the same problem. How can it be solved, can you please help?

:)

meghajanghera, Oct 30, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 30, 2020
  4. PIN sign-in problem

Since recent update KB3200970 I cannot use nor setup a PIN to sign in and MS Office2016 disappeared

Thank you for the update. We suggest for you to reset the login PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start Menu and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Click on I Forget the PIN and follow the on screen instructions.

Update us with the result.

PreciousLeb, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

PIN sign-in problem

1. PIN sign-in problem - Similar Threads - PIN sign problem

2. Problems with sign in/pin on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with sign in/pin on windows 11: Hi folks,Something frustrating has happened to windows hello.I used to have a pin set up for pc log in. This has stopped working and now every time I try to interact with windows hello it crashes/hangsI have reset the settings app.I have tried to access and deleting NGC...
  3. Problems with sign in/pin on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with sign in/pin on windows 11: Hi folks,Something frustrating has happened to windows hello.I used to have a pin set up for pc log in. This has stopped working and now every time I try to interact with windows hello it crashes/hangsI have reset the settings app.I have tried to access and deleting NGC...
  4. Sign in PIN problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in PIN problem: I can’t sign into my computer. Message is “Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again.”Two options and neither works. Anyone have suggested help?...
  5. Sign in PIN problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in PIN problem: I can’t sign into my computer. Message is “Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again.”Two options and neither works. Anyone have suggested help?...
  6. Sign in PIN problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Pin problem signing in

Pin problem signing in: When I go to sign in to my Microsoft account on my computer, it says something happened and my pin isn’t available. When I looked this up the solution was to click other sign in options, but my computer only has a button that says set up pin. When I click that, and button...
  8. Problems with PIN, Hello and sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with PIN, Hello and sign in: I recently retired and my Office 365 for work was disabled. I purchased and installed the Office 365 Personal version on my PC. I can't logon to OneDrive, OneNote, Skype or Sign in from within my software apps, and I don't know if there is some conflict with what I had and...
  9. Pin sign in problem

Pin sign in problem: I am trying to sign in to my account. I only have the option to enter a pin. When it is entered, the “welcome” shows, then it says unable to verify credentials. I choose the only option, which is to set up a pin and follow the sign in options with my password. Once it gets to...
  10. Problem with Pin Sign In

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Pin Sign In: On the start or log in screen, I can't get my pin to be an option to sign in. I have changed my pin several times as suggested by microsoft but whenever I choose the option to use my pin instead of of microsoft password, it tells me the option isn't available. Any help?...