Windows 10: PIN Something went wrong, try again later. Needing help.

Discus and support PIN Something went wrong, try again later. Needing help. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was working in school and my computer had to restart for an update. So I restart and I have to reset my PIN. So I change it and I go into settings... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by keazim, Oct 1, 2020.

1. keazim Win User

PIN Something went wrong, try again later. Needing help.

I was working in school and my computer had to restart for an update. So I restart and I have to reset my PIN. So I change it and I go into settings and try to change it back from the new PIN. But its saying Something went wrong, try again later. Ive looked it up online and Ive checked updates restarted and deleted the PIN file? Im really not sure what to do. Please help. PIN Something went wrong, try again later. Needing help. a12a1e7c-6a4a-47e3-b1e9-ffbaa20e5831?upload=true.png

:)

keazim, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Error 'Something went wrong. Try again later' with the pin code

I have the same issue. Pin just stopped working after installing updates. Changed to requiring a password.

The Sign-in Options page only shows "Add" under PIN. It would appear that the existing PIN has been deleted. Normally one would expect to see "Remove" as well as "Add" if the PIN existed.

Trying to add a PIN just results in a grey screen popping up and then disappearing, with the message "Something went wrong. Try again later"

How about telling us what went wrong? Oh you have no idea.

How about telling us how much later? Oh you have no idea.

I've trawled the 'net looking for an answer and most of the MS responses (such as this one) suggest removing and adding a PIN, or selecting "I've forgotten my PIN". If they actually bothered to read the requests then they would see the futility of their
    suggestions!

Come on MS, FIX THE PROBLEM!

chris_tmba, Oct 1, 2020
  4. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. PIN Something went wrong, try again later. Needing help. - Similar Threads - PIN Something went

2. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later: I wanted to remove the Windows Security feature for everytime I sign into my email or any other account on my browser. I tried removing Windows Hello, but it now wants me to sign into my microsoft email each and every time instead. This is a tedious process and I would have...
  3. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later: I wanted to remove the Windows Security feature for everytime I sign into my email or any other account on my browser. I tried removing Windows Hello, but it now wants me to sign into my microsoft email each and every time instead. This is a tedious process and I would have...
  4. Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later."

Windows Hello Face, "Something went wrong. Try again Later.": To anyone who will answer, Hello, I can't use my fingerprint scanner because every time I click Sign-in Options then Windows Hello Face, it always says "Something went wrong. Try again Later.".I already tried uninstalling in device manager and other methods taught in Youtube....
  5. Windows Hello for Business, Something went wrong. Try again later.

Windows Hello for Business, Something went wrong. Try again later.: Hello,I am having trouble setting up Windows Hello properly. At the beginning I wasn't able to make any progress with it, whenever I go on the user I only get this picture down belowAt the start the Hello Pin was like this but that a different error message, after testing and...
  6. windows hello pin: something went wrong try again later

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello pin: something went wrong try again later: hi recently I was prompted to change my pin but I wanted to change it again however I was unable to due to the message of something went wrong try again later and I was unable to access my NGC file but I managed to gain access to it via a third party app. I followed some...
  7. SOMETHING WENT WRONG. TRY AGAIN LATER

SOMETHING WENT WRONG. TRY AGAIN LATER: hi, I'm Zana. I'm currently using a Huawei MateBook D15 and i can't set up my fingerprint since it says "this option is currently unavailable--click to learn more" and "something went wrong. try again later". I have tried so many ways to fix this, but still do not manage to...
  8. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later

Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  9. Something Went Wrong. Please Try Again later Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something Went Wrong. Please Try Again later Error: Hi When trying to save anything onto Companies One Drive, I get the message below. So instead I have to save the document to my pc and then copy and paste it into One Drive in order for it to save there. Any suggestions please? Happens with Word/Excel/Powerpoint....
  10. Opps, Something went wrong Try again Later

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opps, Something went wrong Try again Later: Trying to reply to a post, suppling addental information to someone trying to help me with a problem I asked about 3 days ago. Each time I try to reply to it I get "Opps, Something went wrong Try again Later" yes I'm signed in to Microsoft Community. If I start the Question...