Windows 10: PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working

Discus and support PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I'm using Windows 11 fully updated. My PIN stopped working about a week ago. I try to set it up again, the process starts with the Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MikeAZ2021, Mar 5, 2022.

1. PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working

Hello,I'm using Windows 11 fully updated. My PIN stopped working about a week ago. I try to set it up again, the process starts with the Microsoft Account window opening, it's thinking, and then the window just closes. I can log in using a password, but I can't use Hello or the PIN. Any suggestions for how to fix this?

:)

MikeAZ2021, Mar 5, 2022
  2. DGGraham Win User

PIN I setup stops working for login. It works for a couple of days and stops working

Did everything suggested.

Within 2-3 days I had same issue. PIN stopped working. I believe it is a class problem in my version.

DG

DGGraham, Mar 5, 2022
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 5, 2022
  4. PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working

Pin Setup

I have a Surface Pro with Windows 8.1. My PIN setup worked when I first got my Surface but for unknown reason it has stopped working. When I attempt to setup the PIN, I get this message "Error occurred capturing PIN, try again later"

JohnRamos5900, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working

1. PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working - Similar Threads - PIN Stopped Working

2. Windows 11. facial recognition stopped working. I never setup a PIN. Now what?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11. facial recognition stopped working. I never setup a PIN. Now what?: Windows 11. facial recognition stopped working. I never setup a PIN. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-facial-recognition-stopped-working-i/2866929b-b524-40e4-ae1a-0e7a0e38dc85
  3. Windows 11 pin stops working every now and then.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pin stops working every now and then.: This has happened to me frequently after I switched to Windows 11. Whenever I go to log in, I get a message saying that "Something happened and your pin is unavailable. Click to set up your pin again". This message goes if I restart the laptop but it comes back in a few days...
  4. Windows 11 pin stops working every now and then.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 pin stops working every now and then.: This has happened to me frequently after I switched to Windows 11. Whenever I go to log in, I get a message saying that "Something happened and your pin is unavailable. Click to set up your pin again". This message goes if I restart the laptop but it comes back in a few days...
  5. PIN stopped working Settings says PIN not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN stopped working Settings says PIN not available: PIN stopped working Settings says PIN not available. Suddenly getting error code. Have to use pw to sign in. Fingerprint reader also unavailable, but suspect this is because PIN is gone. Tried deleting NGC file but no privileges. How do I fix this?...
  6. PIN stopped working Settings says PIN not available

PIN stopped working Settings says PIN not available: PIN stopped working Settings says PIN not available. Suddenly getting error code. Have to use pw to sign in. Fingerprint reader also unavailable, but suspect this is because PIN is gone. Tried deleting NGC file but no privileges. How do I fix this?...
  7. PIN stopped working Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN stopped working Windows 11: I can no longer use my PIN to sign into my laptop. I have no idea why. I know for a fact I’m putting it in right, but whenever I put it in, it says I have it wrong. I’ve also tried resetting my PIN. I click on “I forgot my PIN”, enter my Microsoft password, confirm my email,...
  8. PIN stopped working Windows 11

PIN stopped working Windows 11: I can no longer use my PIN to sign into my laptop. I have no idea why. I know for a fact I’m putting it in right, but whenever I put it in, it says I have it wrong. I’ve also tried resetting my PIN. I click on “I forgot my PIN”, enter my Microsoft password, confirm my email,...
  9. PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working: Hello,I'm using Windows 11 fully updated. My PIN stopped working about a week ago. I try to set it up again, the process starts with the Microsoft Account window opening, it's thinking, and then the window just closes. I can log in using a password, but I can't use Hello or...
  10. Windows 10 PIN stopped working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PIN stopped working?: tl;dr: Restarted PC b/c of lagg, would no longer accept my PIN. Tried my PW, didn't work either. Reset PW, still doesn't work. MS reps prove to be unable to help. I'm on Windows 10 Education version, 64 bit. Basically, I restarted my PC because I was lagging in a videogame...