Windows 10: Pin switching to password after reboot

Discus and support Pin switching to password after reboot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I was changing up my settings on a wacom tablet software for the tablet and i decided to restart the PC. I was then met with a password login... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Joseph chen2, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Pin switching to password after reboot

So I was changing up my settings on a wacom tablet software for the tablet and i decided to restart the PC. I was then met with a password login instead of a PIN login.

The thing is that i dont remember making a password. Can anyone tell me a way to revert back to pin without my password?

:)

Joseph chen2, Apr 29, 2019
  2. DanH1042. Win User

Sign-in screen switches from PIN to Password after reboot

Although I chose to sign into Windows 10 using a PIN, after the laptop is rebooted for any reason, the sign-in screen always switches back to requiring a password. In addition, the sign-in options that allow for switching between Password and PIN that
    should appear below the box where the password or PIN is entered, usually doesn't appear at all. Since they sometimes return randomly after rebooting again, I have to wait for that to happen in order to switch back to signing in with a PIN. Does anyone know
    why this is happening or know a fix for it?

DanH1042., Apr 29, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Pin switching to password after reboot

How to SWITCH login method from PIN to password

Hi James,

You can only set up a PIN if you've set up a password on your Windows 10 user account. Once you set up a PIN, you will have the option to either change or remove it. To remove your PIN, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Accounts.
    • On the left pane, choose Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, press Remove.
    • Click Remove again.
    • Enter the user account password, and then click OK.

After doing the steps above, you can sign-out to your account to see if you will be able to log-in using the password.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Pin switching to password after reboot

1. Pin switching to password after reboot - Similar Threads - Pin switching password

2. Reboot password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot password.: Trying to reboot Win 10 but everything is pw protected. I used the normal account pw but it shows as incorrect. I got another pw from MS but it too shows as incorrect. How do I disable the pw feature until I complete reboot?...
  3. Password/PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password/PIN: In setting up my new Windows 10 laptop it became password protected and then I created a PIN. I want to delete the PIN and remove the password protection so that it opens up to my applications without any intervention. How do I do this? Thanks....
  4. Data gone after rebooting and logging in with password instead of pin

Data gone after rebooting and logging in with password instead of pin: Rebooted my PC and after I tried to sign in with my pin. Message says "You can't sign into this device right now. Try the last password used on this device." I use "Sign in options" to change to password and enter my password. I get in but all my data is gone and my desktop...
  5. switch to Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    switch to Pin: Hello everyone in the community, my question is how do I use a Pin and not Password. I want to use Pin because it is shorter and faster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-to-pin/a95991b5-41ef-470b-bc7a-4769da9478e8
  6. Password issue after reboot.

Password issue after reboot.: Hey guys, I have this weird lockscreen issue. Whenever I reboot my laptop, I see my usual lockscreen. When I hit enter, I see that sign-in window where username and password is already filled (Just for a second) and directly takes me to my homescreen. My build is 1803 in...
  7. laptop switched from pin to password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    laptop switched from pin to password: Hi My laptop (lynx) recently restarted several times without a restart being selected and the after another restart has switched from a pin code to a password, i have reset my Microsoft account password several times and each new password fails, if the password is an...
  8. pinned programs disappeared after rebooting

in Windows 10 Customization
    pinned programs disappeared after rebooting: After October update my programes that I pinned to the start menu have disappeared. I’ve noticed this issue after rebooting my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-programs-disappeared-after-rebooting/f16c40f5-19d7-421a-8c11-151b6fae5fd2
  9. password and pin

password and pin: How do I set up windows 10 so it starts with no password or pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/password-and-pin/944b8df0-e36e-48fc-b20c-3390b1a87922"
  10. Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login switches to password instead of pin by itself upon wake: Hello. I have a weird issue with Windows 10 Pro x64. Using microsoft account I setup a PIN. Most of the time it woks fine - when computer wakes up it asks for my pin. However time to time for no apparent reason when wakes up it asks for for password instead, I have to...