Windows 10: Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray

Discus and support Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Task Manager is a built-in program in Windows which lets you keep a track on running processes, CPU, Memory, and other resource... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 19, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray

WinClub, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Anthr4X Win User

Minimize to the tray on startup

Minimize to tray at startup

I'm looking for a way to autorun GPU-Z minimized on Windows 7 x64. If I stick a shortcut in the start-up folder and change the properties to "run minimized" it doesn't minimize to the tray but instead to the taskbar. So I have to click on the taskbar and press on minimize every time I reboot my system. This is a little bit annoying if you reboot often.

Thank you for your time! *Smile Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray :)

Anthr4X, Jul 19, 2019
  3. Teqh_Zem Win User
    Taskbar is there, but no icons pinned, or appear when minimized?

My taskbar is there, but no icons pinned, or appear when minimized. Sometimes I can click the icons, but they arent there. I can not click the start or task view button on the place either, there is no time on the taskbar either. Please help! Thanks!

Teqh_Zem, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray

Task Manager no longer minimizes to Notifications tray in v1607 Win10Pro

I have the Taskbar on the left side of my screen. I like having Task Manager running all the time. I access Task Manager frequently at times. I had it set as a tray notifications icon (little icon) when minimized on Taskbar. The little icon was
    always visible when minimized. Setting it up this way takes up a much smaller amount of space on
    Taskbar than a full size icon on the Taskbar. That way much more space remains on
    Taskbar for Icons from apps I open and close frequently. This is the way it was set up Win10 Pro 15xx. (I use 15xx because I cannot remember if it was 1511 or 1507)

I just upgraded to Win10 Pro 1607 from Win10 Pro 15xx. (I use 15xx because I cannot remember if it was 1511 or 1507)

Task Manager now minimizes to both a full size icon on Taskbar below the other full size icons AND the little icon in the Notifications Area or Tray area.
    In other words Task Manager now minimizes with TWO icons on the Taskbar.

This is the Taskbar settings and the corresponding results:

Right click Taskbar > settings > scroll down to “Notification Area” > click “select which icons appear on
    Taskbar” > :

Task Manager “On” = full size icon on Taskbar AND icon in “Notification Area” on
    Taskbar.

Task Manager “Off” = full size icon on Taskbar AND icon NOT in “Notification Area” but in the pop-out side menu when clicking little arrow above “Notification Area” on
    Taskbar.

Two questions:

1. How do I return this to the way it was in 15xx? (The way it was: no full size icon on
    Taskbar when minimized but a little icon always visible at bottom).

2. How do I set up “Services” console this way (services.msc)?
    Some installed apps only run with their services on so I toggle the associated services on and off.

I use my computer in a normal user account not an administrator account.

I am running Win10 Pro on a i7 tower 16GB memory 2TB HD and 19 inch screen (I am working on purchasing a bigger screen).
    I vigilantly keep everything updated daily. Or at least every three days I check EVERYTHING for updates.

expertbigwheelpilot2, Jul 19, 2019
Thema:

Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray

1. Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray - Similar Threads - Pin Task Manager

2. Windows 11 - Pin folders to taskbar / system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Pin folders to taskbar / system tray: I've recently upgraded to Windows from 10 to 11. With Windows 10 I had a couple of folders pinned to my taskbar, on the right hand next to the system tray. However in Windows 11 this doesn't seem to be possible. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something, or this...
  3. Windows 11 - Pin folders to taskbar / system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Pin folders to taskbar / system tray: I've recently upgraded to Windows from 10 to 11. With Windows 10 I had a couple of folders pinned to my taskbar, on the right hand next to the system tray. However in Windows 11 this doesn't seem to be possible. Is there a way to do this? Am I missing something, or this...
  4. Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager. I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up. Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into...
  5. Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray: Hello, somebody can help me to achieve that? I really can't make it work, I did 1000 things but nothing works. Thanks!!!! 174599
  6. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.: Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to open start menu, when I open Task Manager it stops working. I've tried safe mode, clean start up, sfc scans and nothing...
  7. Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open: Title says it all. Taskbar won’t even load app icons. I only have recycle bin on my front page so I don’t know if apps like chrome would even open, but when I open the bin and try to navigate to my files it’s goes unresponsive. Right clicking does not do anything on the...
  8. Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger: Hi guys, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I already ran into troubles. I fixed most of them with DISM & SFC scans, but for some weird reason my Start Menu, minimized programs in the Taskbar are bigger, and the Folders inside Windows Explorer look somehow a...
  9. Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10: How to: Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10 How to Change Minimize Narrator Home to Taskbar or System Tray in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Starting with turn on Narrator, you will be taken to...
  10. common problem - start menu, taskbar, system tray etc not working

in Windows 10 Support
    common problem - start menu, taskbar, system tray etc not working: Hello, I know its a common problem with 10 but here is a list of my problems that occurred a few days after upgrading to windows 10. start menu isn't accessible (unless i download classic shell) task bar isn't accessible system tray isn't accessible - i can't even...