Windows 10: Pin to desktop

Discus and support Pin to desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I pin Accuweather to Desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-to-desktop/ec27fbe2-6b8e-4824-a2e5-f13107fde331 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HunterMcNeely, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Pin to desktop

How do I pin Accuweather to Desktop?

:)

HunterMcNeely, Nov 8, 2020

2. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 8, 2020
  3. kayjayw Win User
    pin Facebook and Tumblast app to desktop?

I have downloaded the Facebook and Tumblast apps to my Windows 10 computer and when I right click on them in the list of apps, I can pin them to the start menu and the taskbar, but not the desktop. Is there any way to pin them to the desktop or create a
    shortcut? I **don't** want it create a shortcut that opens FB and Tumblr in my browser. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,

KJ

kayjayw, Nov 8, 2020
  4. JayPhi Win User

Pin to desktop

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Pin to desktop

1. Pin to desktop - Similar Threads - Pin desktop

2. Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop: I also have a desktop with windows 11 and when I attempt to follow the instructions on how to disable the pin option, the disabled button is greyed out and unable to select it. Why do I have to have a pin option to sign into my own computer in my home. These tech companies...
  3. Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off the pin option when starting my desktop: I also have a desktop with windows 11 and when I attempt to follow the instructions on how to disable the pin option, the disabled button is greyed out and unable to select it. Why do I have to have a pin option to sign into my own computer in my home. These tech companies...
  4. how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i pin an app to my desktop? what happened to drag and drop?: new windows 10 user… i used 7 religiously until i got a new laptop. only using it for school and light gaming like minecraft and stuff. how do i get my apps and games on the home screen? there’s an option to pin it to start but nothing even happens when i do that? i figured...
  5. PIN for my HP desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN for my HP desktop: I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop, I have been using face-recognition to sign in. Just this morning it requires a PIN to sign in. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-for-my-hp-desktop/1ed8ba1a-45b5-4bb4-bb6b-ba3d2fc84669
  6. I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop: I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop, I have been using face-recognition to sign in. Just this morning it requires a PIN to sign in. Please help....
  7. PIN for my HP desktop

PIN for my HP desktop: I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop, I have been using face-recognition to sign in. Just this morning it requires a PIN to sign in. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-for-my-hp-desktop/1ed8ba1a-45b5-4bb4-bb6b-ba3d2fc84669
  8. I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop

I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop: I have not set up a PIN for my HP desktop, I have been using face-recognition to sign in. Just this morning it requires a PIN to sign in. Please help....
  9. PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do?: Tried disabling TPM from Bios and removed lockscreen wallpaper but nothing just happend. When I build that PC, login time was 1-3 seconds.MOBO : GIGABYTE A520M HCPU : RYZEN 5 5600GCOOLER : AMD WRAITH STEALTHSSD : TEAM MP3 256GBRAM : CORSAIR LPX 8GB 3200PSU : ANTEC ATOM V450OS...
  10. PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do?

PC boots in 6-8 secs, but after entering PIN, desktop takes 30-50 seconds to load. What to do?: Tried disabling TPM from Bios and removed lockscreen wallpaper but nothing just happend. When I build that PC, login time was 1-3 seconds.MOBO : GIGABYTE A520M HCPU : RYZEN 5 5600GCOOLER : AMD WRAITH STEALTHSSD : TEAM MP3 256GBRAM : CORSAIR LPX 8GB 3200PSU : ANTEC ATOM V450OS...