Windows 10: Pin to logon on Windows

Discus and support Pin to logon on Windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tomasz_957, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Pin to logon on Windows

Hi,Does anyone know how to reset the Win 11 PIN if the "Forgot Pin" option does not appear on the screen when logging in?Is there a chance to reset the pin from another device or website?Thanks for help. Best Regards,

:)

Tomasz_957, Sep 14, 2022
  2. Ken429 Win User

Netplwiz to automatically logon to Windows using PIN.

I'm sure this question has been asked many times. I use Netplwiz on all my systems to do the auto logon routine. Microsoft has made it very difficult to update or upgrade a system without agreeing to use a PIN. I understand it is the more secure option. However, I can't seem to find a "tutorial" explaining exactly what steps to take to eliminate auto logon using my Microsoft Password and replace it with the PIN auto logon using Netplwiz. Help appreciated.

Ken429, Sep 14, 2022
  3. idgat Win User
    Netplwiz to automatically logon to Windows using PIN.

Because you shouldn't be able to. Not much sense in setting up a more secure level login using a PIN, and then having it auto login with no user intervention ... Come to that, there's not much sense in setting up a passworded account and using auto login, either.

idgat, Sep 14, 2022
  4. Pin to logon on Windows

PIN Logon Greyed Out

Hello,

Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 1.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.
    See if you can add PIN now.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Sep 14, 2022
Thema:

Pin to logon on Windows

1. Pin to logon on Windows - Similar Threads - Pin logon

2. I can't logon with my pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't logon with my pin.: I logon with my pin. It's rejected, says I'm not connected to the internet. Says the device is offline, try another sign-in option. After I hit reset the pin number several times, it asks for my password and for a code. I was better off without the pin....
  3. I can't logon with my pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't logon with my pin.: I logon with my pin. It's rejected, says I'm not connected to the internet. Says the device is offline, try another sign-in option. After I hit reset the pin number several times, it asks for my password and for a code. I was better off without the pin....
  4. WIN 11 logon without password or PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN 11 logon without password or PIN: How do I log onto my desktop @ Windows 11 without a password or PIN? I have tried all suggestions & never get the box to uncheck @ Account Users. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-logon-without-password-or-pin/7ab93fd9-4f55-493d-8274-3d97d58b9630
  5. WIN 11 logon without password or PIN

WIN 11 logon without password or PIN: How do I log onto my desktop @ Windows 11 without a password or PIN? I have tried all suggestions & never get the box to uncheck @ Account Users. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-logon-without-password-or-pin/7ab93fd9-4f55-493d-8274-3d97d58b9630
  6. Pin wont work requires admin logon but cant get to it, keeps asking for Challenge Phrase ??...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin wont work requires admin logon but cant get to it, keeps asking for Challenge Phrase ??...: Have managed to lock myself out of pc, it is now asking for pin to login, fine, then tells me an administrater has locked machine get them to login. Again there is no way to do that or shows any option of entering password only pin then after four attempts it then asks for...
  7. Pin wont work requires admin logon but cant get to it, keeps asking for Challenge Phrase ??...

Pin wont work requires admin logon but cant get to it, keeps asking for Challenge Phrase ??...: Have managed to lock myself out of pc, it is now asking for pin to login, fine, then tells me an administrater has locked machine get them to login. Again there is no way to do that or shows any option of entering password only pin then after four attempts it then asks for...
  8. Windows Hello for Business : at logon windows ask for password instead PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello for Business : at logon windows ask for password instead PIN: Hello all,we had deployed WHfB policy trough Intune on devices AAD joined and Hybrid joinedeverything works fine for AAd devices.for Hybrid devices, Pin code works but at the logon windows keeps asking for username/password. We have to switch to pin by clicking on connection...
  9. Windows Hello for Business : at logon windows ask for password instead PIN

Windows Hello for Business : at logon windows ask for password instead PIN: Hello all,we had deployed WHfB policy trough Intune on devices AAD joined and Hybrid joinedeverything works fine for AAd devices.for Hybrid devices, Pin code works but at the logon windows keeps asking for username/password. We have to switch to pin by clicking on connection...
  10. Windows Hello for Business : at logon windows ask for password instead PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen