Windows 10: Pin to Quick Access creates shortcut with wrong path

Discus and support Pin to Quick Access creates shortcut with wrong path in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any time I pin a User Folder to Quick Access (Documents, Downloads, etc.) the path Quick Access takes me to is This PC\[Folder] instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DarkRookie, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Pin to Quick Access creates shortcut with wrong path

Any time I pin a User Folder to Quick Access (Documents, Downloads, etc.) the path Quick Access takes me to is This PC\[Folder] instead of C:\Users\[Profile]\[Folder]

I find it a pain causing I am constantly using the Foward, Back, and Up buttons in Explorer. This tends to really break the Up folder button.

Doesn't matter if I move the locations of the User Folders same issues.

:)

DarkRookie, Apr 24, 2016

2. Rename pinned items in Windows Explorer? (Quick Access)

The best work-around I can find is creating a "Jobs" folder that's pinned to quick access. I can then create shortcuts in this "Jobs" folder and rename these shortcuts. It's one more click to get into the "Jobs" folder from quick access but better than
    having a bunch of folders with the same name (different paths) in my quick access.

I just do not understand why they changed this functionality in Win10!

Matt Hensch, Apr 24, 2016
  3. My program cannot be pinned to Quick Access in Windows 10 after installing

My program works well on Windows 8.1 and previous versions.

On Windows previous versions, after installing, I wrote my program to create a shortcut of it, then placed this shortcut in the path: "C:\Users\[my_username]\Links\". And after that, the shortcut was appeared in "Favorites" menu automatically.

But now, I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise, the shortcut does not appear in Quick Access of Windows 10 by that way (put the shortcut in to the path: "C:\Users\[my_username]\Links\").

So, what my program can do to pin it's shortcut to Quick Access in Windows 10 after installing immediately?

I hope my description is clear enough.

Thanks, Best Regard !

Hoang Ngoc The, Apr 24, 2016
Thema:

Pin to Quick Access creates shortcut with wrong path

1. Pin to Quick Access creates shortcut with wrong path - Similar Threads - Pin Quick Access

2. Pin to Quick Access Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin to Quick Access Gone: Ok, so Quick Access is now Home - thanks for telling us @MiCrOsOfT. But the right click option of "Pin to Quick Access" to create a short cut is still there but does not show in Home. How does that work @MiCrOsOfT?...
  3. Quick Access Pins Disappear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quick Access Pins Disappear: The folders that I pin to quick access disappear after a few days/weeks. The default pins stay, but the ones I add do not. Any solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-pins-disappear/5596e1d2-9295-4c4c-a0be-d9080ac59077
  4. Pin to quick access repetition

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to quick access repetition: It seems that by default, certain folders are pinned to quick access: Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Desktop. I keep unpinning them, and they keep pinning themselves back. Whats up with that? 157701
  5. Creating alternative shortcuts for Explorer's Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating alternative shortcuts for Explorer's Quick Access: I've been using registry tweaks to get rid of a few things from the Explorer navigation panel, and replacing a few of them with Quick Access links instead. I used a trick that I read here on one of the tutorial comments, where creating a folder and renaming it using the...
  6. Pinning an Item to Quick Access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning an Item to Quick Access: Is there a way to pin a removable drive to Quick Access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-an-item-to-quick-access/40ce39e6-f581-4bb1-bdc3-08c17a93cb0f
  7. Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut -> right-click 'Pin to Quick' acess doesn't pin the shortcut: ...it pins the folder itself. So instead of seeing the shortcut name, you see the folder name in the Quick access list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-right-click-pin-to-quick-acess-doesnt-pin/320c68f4-f0a1-4344-8a98-f1cb1deb634c"
  8. Pin to Quick Access Error - "The specified path doesn't exist"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin to Quick Access Error - "The specified path doesn't exist": Hi all, Lately I've been encountering "The specified path doesn't exist"error while trying to pin any folder to Quick Access. I've checked the solution on:...
  9. Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Quick Access Shortcut: I started having a problem with a shorcut of an app I uninstalled, I tried so restore the original using New Context Menu - Remove & Restore Default Menu Items - Windows 7 Help Forums but everything got ruined, now some shorcuts are duplicated, without name, and can't be...
  10. "Create Shortcut"s target path points to wrong Program Files folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Create Shortcut"s target path points to wrong Program Files folder.: When I create a shortcut to file in Program Files, the target path for that shortcut will be to Program Files (x86), even though the start in path will be correct. Furthermore, even though the target path is incorrect and no icon is displayed for the shortcut, the shortcut...