Windows 10: Pin to Quick Access Error - "The specified path doesn't exist"

Discus and support Pin to Quick Access Error - "The specified path doesn't exist" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, Lately I've been encountering "The specified path doesn't exist"error while trying to pin any folder to Quick Access. I've checked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aamir Alamaan, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Pin to Quick Access Error - "The specified path doesn't exist"

Hi all,

Lately I've been encountering "The specified path doesn't exist"error while trying to pin any folder to Quick Access.

I've checked the solution on:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e/12b27266-e3d0-4cbe-8fa3-2237aa898906?page=1

but that is not working for me as I could not find the directories that are required to be deleted in the said solution. They simple don't exist when I try to find'em on file system.

I tried to use Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool in elevated mode of command prompt mentioned at

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ss-error/65f80cdb-9521-4338-9c51-c539079b6e98

but it returned the result of no errors found.

Any further solutions anticipated apart from refreshing or reinstalling of OS.

Thanks in advance

:)

Aamir Alamaan, Apr 9, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, Apr 9, 2019
  4. IshanModi Win User

Pin to Quick Access Error - "The specified path doesn't exist"

Can't pin any folder to Quick access in file explorer

I just noticed that in Quick access panel which is located in file explorer is empty, no pinned Folders are there ex, desktop, downloads, documents etc. I tried to manually pin folder to quick access but ti shows error "The parameter in incorrect"

I surf in some sites they give solution but it did not work for me.

Solution was type this in cmd.

del /F /Q %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations\*

BUt it did not work for me and give error like "The system cannot find the path specified"

Please help to resolve if someone has solution.

IshanModi, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Pin to Quick Access Error - "The specified path doesn't exist"

1. Pin to Quick Access Error - "The specified path doesn't exist" - Similar Threads - Pin Quick Access

2. windows/register.exe the specified path does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows/register.exe the specified path does not exist: windows/register.exe the specified path does not exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windowsregisterexe-the-specified-path-does-not/95dc3cec-b55f-42de-a357-7f33bc21d525
  3. The specified path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified path does not exist.: Trying to download installition Cannon Pixma TS3450 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-path-does-not-exist/2b22d94f-4ec7-4751-b95c-57b286af6a20
  4. The specified path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The specified path does not exist.: Trying to download installition Cannon Pixma TS3450 printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-path-does-not-exist/2b22d94f-4ec7-4751-b95c-57b286af6a20
  5. The specified path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. "The specified path does not exist."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "The specified path does not exist.": I cannot download anything onto my computer. I've tried with several things including NOX Player. Everytime something finishes downloading and i open it i am always prompted with the same messages saying the path doesn't exist. Can someone please provide a solution? I'm not...
  7. Specified Path no found or exist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Specified Path no found or exist: Whenever i reboot the windows it shows the following prompt/error.[ATTACH] This also happens whenever it tries to open apps installed from Microsoft Apps....
  8. "The specified path does not exist"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "The specified path does not exist": Yesterday, I changed the registry for ProgramFilesDir and ProgramFilesDir x86 from C:\ to F:\, and now today when I try opening any application such as CMD Adminstrator, Regedit, Task Manager, even Microsoft Word, or try to recover my Bitlocker Key, when I try to decrypt my...
  9. Error: The Specified Path Does Not Exist

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: The Specified Path Does Not Exist: Hi, Having an annoying program error every time I land on my desktop upon start up. any idea how to get rid of this? Searched on the web a couple of times, but no recommendation I found and tried have really worked. [ATTACH]...
  10. Pin to Quick Access creates shortcut with wrong path

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to Quick Access creates shortcut with wrong path: Any time I pin a User Folder to Quick Access (Documents, Downloads, etc.) the path Quick Access takes me to is This PC\[Folder] instead of C:\Users\[Profile]\[Folder] I find it a pain causing I am constantly using the Foward, Back, and Up buttons in Explorer. This tends to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinning onedrive to quick access specified path does not exist

2. pin to quick access the specidfied path does nto eexist

3. Left the specific network does not exist

4. the specified path does not exist windows 10,
  5. how to correct specified path does not exist in windows 10