Windows 10: Pin to sign in doesn't work

Discus and support Pin to sign in doesn't work in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I need to delete an old printer but can't get into the account created for windows when I set up the pc. A window pops up saying sign in with the pin... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by betty ingle, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Pin to sign in doesn't work

I need to delete an old printer but can't get into the account created for windows when I set up the pc.

A window pops up saying sign in with the pin but it doesn't work. It is not the Microsoft account because I have changed it.

How can I recover this pin or change it to have admin privileges?

Thanks for any response.

Betty

:)

betty ingle, Jul 3, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Pin to sign in doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 3, 2019
  4. skb_990 Win User

Pin to sign in doesn't work

my sign in options doesn"t open in settings.

Hii, my sign in options doesn"t open in settings. everything else works fine in settings. i just want to change sign in from password to passcode . It was working very good before. After new update in last month, it stopped working and after update it
    asked me to relogin but did not gave me the option to set 4 digit passcode .

skb_990, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Pin to sign in doesn't work

1. Pin to sign in doesn't work - Similar Threads - Pin sign doesn't

2. Sign-in to Windows 11 PRO with code PIN doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in to Windows 11 PRO with code PIN doesn't work: Hello, I have a very serious issue trying to sign-in to windows 11 PRO with code PIN. So I installed Windows 11 PRO, I activated it with a license key which I bought, everything was fine, until the screen got locked in due to a few mins of inactivity and I couldn't enter...
  3. Sign-in to Windows 11 PRO with code PIN doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in to Windows 11 PRO with code PIN doesn't work: Hello, I have a very serious issue trying to sign-in to windows 11 PRO with code PIN. So I installed Windows 11 PRO, I activated it with a license key which I bought, everything was fine, until the screen got locked in due to a few mins of inactivity and I couldn't enter...
  4. pin doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pin doesn't work: The pin on my windows 11 no longer works. It did up until a few weeks ago. I've successfully changed the password but it says that it requires the pin to unlock it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-doesnt-work/2041d8e7-7e9b-4621-8741-f8fa67cc0393
  5. pin doesn't work

pin doesn't work: The pin on my windows 11 no longer works. It did up until a few weeks ago. I've successfully changed the password but it says that it requires the pin to unlock it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-doesnt-work/2041d8e7-7e9b-4621-8741-f8fa67cc0393
  6. PIN code doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN code doesn't work: Hi Microsoft team,When I turn my computer on windows 11, I cannot enter numbers in the OIN number.The keyboard is working and we are able to enter words or numbers in other lines, but it doesnt work in the PIN line.The virtual keyboard also doent workNoam...
  7. PIN code doesn't work

PIN code doesn't work: Hi Microsoft team,When I turn my computer on windows 11, I cannot enter numbers in the OIN number.The keyboard is working and we are able to enter words or numbers in other lines, but it doesnt work in the PIN line.The virtual keyboard also doent workNoam...
  8. Pin Doesn't Work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Doesn't Work properly: Hi i've recently moved countries and changed my phone number, also with that i have bought a new pc, i've been using my desktop pc for about a month now and after i installed an SSD it says that the PIN doesn't work and asks me to set up my pin, I've tried restoring and...
  9. Sign in pin not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in pin not working: Hello, I was trying to set a pin and it lets me enter it, confirm it, but then does nothing. It doesn't actually setup the pin just has me enter it and then doesn't do anything with it. Ex. I enter 9384 then confirm it again. Press OK. Then it goes back to the settings...
  10. Disabling "Turn on convenience key PIN sign-in" doesn't work.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling "Turn on convenience key PIN sign-in" doesn't work.: Windows 10 I used gpedit.msc to update the computer's turn on convenience key PIN sign-on from "Not Configured" to "Disabled" but disabling it didn't work. I expected it to override all accounts' abilities to use pins. I tested that a user could still sign on with a pin. I...