Windows 10: PIN to sign in is non-existent but still works?

Discus and support PIN to sign in is non-existent but still works? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I want to change my PIN, and when I tried to in settings, it said that the windows hello PIN was not available in this device. There is no mention... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Random11_206, Aug 25, 2020.

1. PIN to sign in is non-existent but still works?

So I want to change my PIN, and when I tried to in settings, it said that the windows hello PIN was not available in this device. There is no mention of another pin throughout settings yet it still works to sign in. I tries to on the lock screen and said I forgot it, to try and change it and it kept glitching after I entered the security code from my phone so I cancelled it and it logged me in without the proper authentication. What do I do???

:)

Random11_206, Aug 25, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 25, 2020
  4. PIN to sign in is non-existent but still works?

OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

PIN to sign in is non-existent but still works?

1. PIN to sign in is non-existent but still works? - Similar Threads - PIN sign non

2. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  3. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  4. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...: Hello,I'm trying to download and play minecraft however after purchasing this, it said that the installer isn't downloaded from the microsoft store - so I thought to myself okay easy solution lets go download it form the microsoft store this was not an easy solution. After...
  6. Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...: Hello,I'm trying to download and play minecraft however after purchasing this, it said that the installer isn't downloaded from the microsoft store - so I thought to myself okay easy solution lets go download it form the microsoft store this was not an easy solution. After...
  7. Microsoft store asking me for a non-existent microsoft pin after being forced to sign into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 store sign-in asking for non-existent pin: Hello, when I try to sign into the windows 10 Microsoft store I keep being asked for a pin I never made. In order; I open the app, open the login, then imput my username and password. At which point is says i need to "set up my account with windows hello" so i click ok. Then...
  9. The non-existing MSE is still updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The non-existing MSE is still updating: Hello All, I've removed MSE 4.10, then replced it with McAfee 16.0 on Dec. 13-th. What puzzels me that MSE is still updating the non-existing app. [ATTACH] Any advice? Thank you csoros...
  10. The non-existing MSE is still updateting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The non-existing MSE is still updateting: Hello All, I've removed MSE 4.10, then replced it with McAfee 16.0 on Dec. 13-th. What puzzels me that MSE is still updating the non-existing app. [ATTACH] Any advice? Thank you csoros...