Windows 10: Pin to Start does not work

Discus and support Pin to Start does not work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Experts:I upgrade my Win10 to Win11 today but I have two major problems1.The "pin to start" function does not work for my Win11, what could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WalterLiDG, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Pin to Start does not work

Hello Experts:I upgrade my Win10 to Win11 today but I have two major problems1.The "pin to start" function does not work for my Win11, what could be the problem and how to fix it?2.Each time I use the embeded snipping tool to take a snapshot, the window system freezes deadI appreciate your help, thanks

:)

WalterLiDG, Oct 22, 2021

2. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 22, 2021
  3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Pin to Start does not work

Windows 10 Pin HTML file to Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

You can pin the website to Start

• Open the web site and click on (…)
    • Click on pin to start

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

Pin to Start does not work

1. Pin to Start does not work - Similar Threads - Pin Start does

2. My PIN does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PIN does not work: Microsoft 11 was working fine and I used Microsoft Malware program after that my PIN stopped working. I have the password and it works and then I reset my PIN and cannot do it. I get a message " Something went wrong reset your Pin later". I have done that many times and get...
  3. My PIN does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PIN does not work: Microsoft 11 was working fine and I used Microsoft Malware program after that my PIN stopped working. I have the password and it works and then I reset my PIN and cannot do it. I get a message " Something went wrong reset your Pin later". I have done that many times and get...
  4. Keyboard does not work with Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard does not work with Pin: After starting I cannot enter my win10 pin to login. Keys pressed but no character appear. Mouse operates as normal.I have not used my local password for so long and cannot remember, this makes it difficult to do most troubleshooting.Tried different USB and different...
  5. Keyboard does not work with Pin

Keyboard does not work with Pin: After starting I cannot enter my win10 pin to login. Keys pressed but no character appear. Mouse operates as normal.I have not used my local password for so long and cannot remember, this makes it difficult to do most troubleshooting.Tried different USB and different...
  6. Keyboard does not work with Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Pin to Start does not work

Pin to Start does not work: Hello Experts:I upgrade my Win10 to Win11 today but I have two major problems1.The "pin to start" function does not work for my Win11, what could be the problem and how to fix it?2.Each time I use the embeded snipping tool to take a snapshot, the window system freezes deadI...
  8. Remote Desktop Connection pinned to Start does not work correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection pinned to Start does not work correctly: I have RDP pinned to Start Win10. I pinned several computers to the list when right click the pinned RDP. Prior to the last Win10 updates July 2020, when I click on one of the computers, the connection popup would appear and the start menu would disappear and I could enter...
  9. Pinterest pin does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinterest pin does not work: I can not pin to pinterest using my desktop windows 10. I have loaded and deleted the pin button several times. When I try to pin something I get the gray window with the lock button at the top left....
  10. Pin does not work for login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin does not work for login: Hi, I am on latest insider build 14372. For the past view insider builds on this particular machine I can no longer in via pin. Always says incorrect. It use to work. It works on my other machine with same build. I can login with my MS account and change pin.? 55086