Windows 10: Pin to start menu icon cache

Discus and support Pin to start menu icon cache in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I changed the Google Chrome icon with resource hacker and it changed just about everywhere. Rebuild icon cache and all is well now when i pin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steven Campoli, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Pin to start menu icon cache

Hey guys, I changed the Google Chrome icon with resource hacker and it changed just about everywhere. Rebuild icon cache and all is well now when i pin it to the start menu its the old icon.. is their a start menu cache icons file I have to remove ?

:)

Steven Campoli, Oct 25, 2020
  2. MIRKOSOFT Win User

Start menu tiles with default file icon - how to solve it?

Problem is that icon cache I rebuilt.
    But you suggestion to change icons in programs in start menu is looking good - instead pinning icons by context menu only add them to programs and pin in start menu...

I will report if it helps.
    Miro

MIRKOSOFT, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Try removing that icon from the start menu, going to profram file folder for firefox, and doing "pin 2 start menu".

oli_ramsay, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Darknova Win User

Pin to start menu icon cache

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Pin to start menu icon cache

1. Pin to start menu icon cache - Similar Threads - Pin start menu

2. modify pinned start menu icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    modify pinned start menu icons: how do you modify pinned start menu icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-pinned-start-menu-icons/6610f75a-a87a-4dca-919e-987fbb9297d9
  3. modify pinned start menu icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    modify pinned start menu icons: how do you modify pinned start menu icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-pinned-start-menu-icons/6610f75a-a87a-4dca-919e-987fbb9297d9
  4. some start menu icons are showing up like this. I rebuilt the icon cache and stuff but it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    some start menu icons are showing up like this. I rebuilt the icon cache and stuff but it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iusetiktokandreddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mqakbb/some_start_menu_icons_are_showing_up_like_this_i/
  5. Start menu pinned apps icons broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu pinned apps icons broken: Hey guys. I have an issue that came up a couple of days ago out of nowhere. I have game launchers installed on another ssd (games ssd) and got them pinned to start menu. as of couple of days ago they appear to have broken icons, shortcuts work tho and I can still launch my...
  6. Start Menu refuses to build icon cache for specified pinned element

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu refuses to build icon cache for specified pinned element: [ATTACH] No matter what I do it just wont update it. Obviously such primitive operation as re-pin is useless. I went into `%appdatalocal%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\` and found cache file...
  7. Cannot Pin or Organize Icons in Start Menu

Cannot Pin or Organize Icons in Start Menu: I seem to have lost the ability to pin programs to the Start Menu or organize the ones I had already pinned. Also, when I try to turn on "Use Start full screen," it turns back off right away. It's a new computer that I built last night with a new Windows 10 installation....
  8. Start menu pin icon problem

Start menu pin icon problem: Hello dear , after i'm install new version of windows 10 , my start menu icon not showing correctly . when i unpin this icon of below picture , after restart it's come back , when i need pin the app like the twitter , not pin and not showing the app . when click this app...
  9. Icon not working when pin to start menu

Icon not working when pin to start menu: If I change a icon to small that is pinned to start I loose the icon.It comes back if I change to medium, just started with new build 10586 31333
  10. How to customize pinned Start Menu icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to customize pinned Start Menu icon?: I have a shortcut on the left-hand side of Start Menu that opens my Gmail in a Chrome window. This shortcut is actually a shortcut to chrome.exe with a bunch of command-line arguments that make it open my Gmail page right away. The shortcut has a custom "red enevelope" icon....