Windows 10: Pin To Start Menu not working or greyed out in Windows 10

Discus and support Pin To Start Menu not working or greyed out in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Pin To Start Menu is an option available in the right-click context menu of files. This is a very useful option for quick access. If […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 23, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Pin To Start Menu not working or greyed out in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 23, 2020
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Pin To Start Menu not working or greyed out in Windows 10

How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to know how to pin short cut to start menu.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below if you are using Windows 7.

Pin a program to the Start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Pin-a-program-to-the-Start-menu

And if you are using Windows 10 then I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

Pin apps to Start

Pin the apps you use most often to the Start menu. Here's how:

• Go to Start > All Apps.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) an app.
    • Select Pin to Start.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Pin To Start Menu not working or greyed out in Windows 10

1. Pin To Start Menu not working or greyed out in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pin Start Menu

2. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  3. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  4. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Fix Windows Apps greyed out in Start Menu in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows Apps greyed out in Start Menu in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Sometimes, after you update Windows on your PC, it is possible for some of the Windows Store apps to stop working and displayed greyed-out icons in the Start Menu. This bug is primarily found to attack common utility apps like Mail and Calendar and the way in which...
  6. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start screen icons have turned grey Not sure what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-some-start-menu-icons-greyed-out/0612f1af-5c10-41c7-be6b-1295bfd0a9df
  7. Text & icons in start menu greyed out

Text & icons in start menu greyed out: Hello everyone, I'm in need of assistance. You see just recently I've reseted the Local Group Policy settings on my computer through the command prompt method. Though after the process was complete I discovered that there was a problem with my start menu. All the text &...
  8. why is my start menu folders greyed out?

in Windows 10 Support
    why is my start menu folders greyed out?: [img] Everything is greyed out. How do I fix this? 14766
  9. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start menu icons appear greyed out, although I can still click on them and they work fine, just wondering if anybody knows how to fix it, have already tried sfc /scannow no errors found Also tried rebuilding icon cache as per here How to reset the icon cache...
  10. Start menu "greyed out" after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu "greyed out" after Creators update: So, my start menu greyed out after Creators update, - https://i.gyazo.com/c17e75bb1a743d38...897d67e5d2.png What can I do about it? Please help, need advice. I tried reboot, switch start menu settings, end explorer.exe process and start it again - didn't help. 81254