Windows 10: Pin to Start showing Random Text on Tiles and not Opening

Discus and support Pin to Start showing Random Text on Tiles and not Opening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I pin an application to the Start Menu on Windows 10, I see tiles with random text and when I click them, they are not opening the app either.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anu ShibinJ, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Pin to Start showing Random Text on Tiles and not Opening

When I pin an application to the Start Menu on Windows 10, I see tiles with random text and when I click them, they are not opening the app either. Attaching a screenshot of some apps:

Pin to Start showing Random Text on Tiles and not Opening f6f774a7-de61-49e8-b470-6c2dbf591e96?upload=true.png

:)

Anu ShibinJ, Sep 25, 2018
  2. BayoNX19 Win User

Start Menu No Default Selection For "Pinned Tiles" vs "All Apps"

This does not answer my question. I already have "Show app list in Start menu" on. I want to turn "Pinned tiles" OFF, or make "All apps" open INSTEAD OF "Pinned tiles" when I go to the start menu.

BayoNX19, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

And "pin to start list" is still there in the latest build? Yup.

Pin to Start showing Random Text on Tiles and not Opening [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 25, 2018
  4. altae Win User

Pin to Start showing Random Text on Tiles and not Opening

Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

It does not work like this. You have to shift + right click the corresponding exe file or a shortcut in Windows Explorer to get the "pin to start lis" option. But be aware that even though you can choose to pin a certain program to the start list there is no guarantee that it actually works. On my system it does not work for most programs, i've only been able to add a handful of them. The only thing that does work ist "pin to start" which adds them to thw right side of the sart menu as a tile.

Seriously,I hope this is a bug. Because a start menu that does not let you add your own programs is worthless. If I'm forced to use tiles I will be better off using the start screen.

altae, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Pin to Start showing Random Text on Tiles and not Opening

1. Pin to Start showing Random Text on Tiles and not Opening - Similar Threads - Pin Start showing

2. start menu pinned tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu pinned tiles: so when i close everything it goes to desktop and im not able to see desktop apps because start menu is blocking everything and wont close. os build {19041.508} 2004...
  3. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  4. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  5. Start Menu tiles will not open

Start Menu tiles will not open: When I touch any tile the screen clears and returns to the start screen again. Have restarted tablet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-tiles-will-not-open/882020d5-0fd3-419f-aab8-1a3e9c1ba59e
  6. start menu not showing tiles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start menu not showing tiles: start menu not showing tiles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-not-showing-tiles/21e7436d-100f-4d21-aa5d-0d3ea3f2dd29
  7. tile names/pin to start

tile names/pin to start: In Windows8 I was able to rename the tiles I pinned to start. i.e.: I pinned all of my payment sites that I use to start, they appeared with random url titles so I changed them to reflect the name of the company & the due date. I can not seem to be able to do this in...
  8. Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Only "pin to start" (as a tile) and not "pin to start menu"?: Hello! I haven't tried the previews but follow the development through blogs and YouTube. I am running 8.1 on all my PC's and love it. I've become used to the start screen and tiles but was under the impression that the new start menu in 10 would make it possible to pin...
  9. Pin to Start Tiles Too Big

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to Start Tiles Too Big: Build 10122 I have three folders I want to Pin to Start. Then folder icons within the tiles are too large and over write the folder name. I don't recall this happening to previous builds. The folder names should appear, left to right, asUtilities, Archives and My...
  10. Start Menu not showing tiles or text and unclickable - Screenshot incl

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not showing tiles or text and unclickable - Screenshot incl: Hi everyone, I am hoping you can help me out with an odd issue - this happened before and after a fresh format which makes it even more frustrating for me. Right now, my start menu only shows Icons - no text, no tiles - and you cannot click on anything in the start...