Windows 10: Pin to taskbar changed

Discus and support Pin to taskbar changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For twenty years I have had two windows explorer icons on my taskbar. When I clicked one I got a small pop-up list of six or seven key files or folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arthur494, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Arthur494 Win User

Pin to taskbar changed

For twenty years I have had two windows explorer icons on my taskbar. When I clicked one I got a small pop-up list of six or seven key files or folders that I use regularly. It was based on a shortcut to a folder that contains shortcuts to those files or folders.

Yesterday these two icons disappeared. When I follow online instructions to recreate the same effect I find that it opens the whole of file/windows explorer. I do not want this at all.

I am lost and confused. What has happened please?

:)

Arthur494, Nov 5, 2019

2. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Pin to taskbar changed :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 5, 2019
  3. kreed66 Win User
    windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Pin to taskbar changed

Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

Hi,

It's possible that you're not able to pin Edge to the taskbar due to some corrupted system files. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.
    • Does this only happen to Edge? Have you tried pinning other apps to the taskbar?
    • What are all of the troubleshooting steps that you've done? Please list all of them so that we could move on to the next steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Pin to taskbar changed

1. Pin to taskbar changed - Similar Threads - Pin taskbar changed

2. Taskbar pins not able to be opened from pins, taskbar at top.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar pins not able to be opened from pins, taskbar at top.: Only from start menu . . . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-pins-not-able-to-be-opened-from-pins/c5f2aa23-257c-41e6-b688-0596c1aeecae
  3. Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar App Icon pins question - NOT 'pin to taskbar': [ATTACH] Hello all. I am trying to add some functionality to my taskbar icon for Microsoft Edge browser, similar to the pic posted below. Notice the Pinned section of the popup for Firefox. I put those links there myself, by clicking on the desired site's address in the...
  4. Pin to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to taskbar: Hello everyone! Does anyone know why I am not eable to ping to taskbar? 173036
  5. Pin to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin to taskbar: I use a microsd card like second drive on my laptop. But I cant add any exe to taskbar from any external drive. In the context menu there is just add to start option. If I move the executable in the C drive, then in the context menu appear the item add to taskbar. With...
  6. Pinning to Taskbar

Pinning to Taskbar: While trying to pin something to the Taskbar, I accidently removed File Explorer from the Taskbar. How to I pin it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinning-to-taskbar/3c7c361f-b7b3-4180-89f5-4f778ea32952
  7. Pin Taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to taskbar

Pin Taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to taskbar: Hey guys, i play with my taskbar settings for when i game....is their a way to PIN taskbar (settings, personalization, Taskbar) to the taskbar....the option is pin to start.. if anyone knows the command for that i can maybe create a direct shortcut 124165
  8. Change taskbar icons of pinned programs

Change taskbar icons of pinned programs: I'd like to change the icon of these icons, but I found no obvious way. [img] 15861
  9. Change the icon of a gadget pinned to the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the icon of a gadget pinned to the taskbar?: Using Windows 10's Weather gadget as an example, it directly allows you to pin it to the Start Menu. But I wanted it pinned to the taskbar instead, so I managed to find the menu with all the gadges and was allowed from there to copy a shortcut to the desktop. So far so good....
  10. Change default Explorer folder (for taskbar-pinned shortcut)

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default Explorer folder (for taskbar-pinned shortcut): I'd been using this method on Windows 7: Windows Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target And I take it that this is how it's done in 8: File Explorer Taskbar Icon - Change Open To Target Will the latter tutorial also work here in 10? 10574