Windows 10: Pin unavailable and password changed

Discus and support Pin unavailable and password changed in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have just had a problem after trying to login to Windows, I usually get asked to enter a pin number but this time it gives an error sayimg pin is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by VolvoB10M, Nov 25, 2020.

1. VolvoB10M Win User

Pin unavailable and password changed

I have just had a problem after trying to login to Windows, I usually get asked to enter a pin number but this time it gives an error sayimg pin is unavailable then changes to a password. I have never set a password but on entering my Microsoft account password which I assumed would work but it says it is wrong. I have tried all alternative passwords including previous Microsoft passwords and none worked, I also noticed the no network symbol was in the bottom right hand corner.

When I attempt to use the "Forgot password" button I get a screen saying "Wait a moment" for 45 - 60 seconds before reverting to the password screen.

The only major change I made was attempting to remove Avast (I installed Kaspersky yesterday), no other major changes have been made.

I don't have a password reset disc as none came with the computer.

How do I log back in?

:)

VolvoB10M, Nov 25, 2020
  2. VolvoB10M Win User

I have just had a problem after trying to login to Windows, I usually get asked to enter a pin number but this time it gives an error sayimg pin is unavailable then changes to a password. I have never set a password but on entering my Microsoft account password which I assumed would work but it says it is wrong. I have tried all alternative passwords including previous Microsoft passwords and none worked, I also noticed the no network symbol was in the bottom right hand corner.

When I attempt to use the "Forgot password" button I get a screen saying "Wait a moment" for 45 - 60 seconds before reverting to the password screen.

The only major change I made was attempting to remove Avast (I installed Kaspersky yesterday), no other major changes have been made.

I don't have a password reset disc as none came with the computer.

How do I log back in?

VolvoB10M, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Pin unavailable and password changed - Similar Threads - Pin unavailable password

2. Pin is unavailable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pin is unavailable: I’ve been trying for the past 2 hours looking at discussions on how to fix this, seen people saying reset computer 2 times and go to advanced options to repair, that doesn’t pop up even after following the same instructions, even went into my pcs UEFI firmware settings,...
  3. Pin is unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin is unavailable: I’ve been trying for the past 2 hours looking at discussions on how to fix this, seen people saying reset computer 2 times and go to advanced options to repair, that doesn’t pop up even after following the same instructions, even went into my pcs UEFI firmware settings,...
  4. PIN Unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Unavailable: URGENTI was going to hop on and play some video games. When I started up my PC and tried to log in it said “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to setup a PIN again. Well when clicked “try again” and “forgot password”, my screen would go black for a split...
  5. PIN Unavailable

PIN Unavailable: URGENTI was going to hop on and play some video games. When I started up my PC and tried to log in it said “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to setup a PIN again. Well when clicked “try again” and “forgot password”, my screen would go black for a split...
  6. Pin unavailable

Pin unavailable: I tried the systematic enabling and disabling of start up apps on clean boot using an administrator account. However after I disabled 3/4 of my app and after restarting, my PIN was said to be unavailable code: 0x8007139f. Therefore I tried removing my pin, however my Sign-in...
  7. Pin unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin unavailable: I tried the systematic enabling and disabling of start up apps on clean boot using an administrator account. However after I disabled 3/4 of my app and after restarting, my PIN was said to be unavailable code: 0x8007139f. Therefore I tried removing my pin, however my Sign-in...
  8. PIN unavailable

PIN unavailable: After I updated windows, when I went to log in it said "Something happened and your PIN is unavailable," and when I pressed reset pin it just didn't do anything. I thought this was due to the update, so I shift clicked restart and went to troubleshooting, but when I went...
  9. PIN unavailable

PIN unavailable: After I updated windows, when I went to log in it said "Something happened and your PIN is unavailable," and when I pressed reset pin it just didn't do anything. I thought this was due to the update, so I shift clicked restart and went to troubleshooting, but when I went...
  10. Option to add a password and PIN is unavailable

Option to add a password and PIN is unavailable: The option to add a password is not visible from the Sign-in option page and the option to add a PIN is unavailable for some reason. I am still able to sign in via microsoft account although it requires a wifi connection. From where I am from, the wifi can be interrupted at...