Windows 10: .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode

Discus and support .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am locked out of Windows with the 'something went wrong and pin unavallable' messsage. Can't reset pin on login screen and don't know password. Safe... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Laurel Wilson, May 1, 2023.

1. .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode

I am locked out of Windows with the 'something went wrong and pin unavallable' messsage. Can't reset pin on login screen and don't know password. Safe mode not working, returns to the screen asking for password so I'm stuck in a loop

:)

Laurel Wilson, May 1, 2023
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, May 1, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    PIN not working in Safe mode

Hello,

Windows 10 may have encountered a corruption that caused your machine not to recognize your pin. For us to better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is this also happening even if you're not on Safe mode?
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you enter your pin?

Meanwhile, if you're able to log into your computer if you're not in Safe mode, we recommend that you visit this

link
    . From there, you'll see a thread with a similar issue, kindly see the reply of
    Kapil Arya MVP and follow the steps on his reply.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 1, 2023
  4. .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode

Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, May 1, 2023
Thema:

.Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode

1. .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode - Similar Threads - Pin unavailable can't

2. .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode: I am locked out of Windows with the 'something went wrong and pin unavallable' messsage. Can't reset pin on login screen and don't know password. Safe mode not working, returns to the screen asking for password so I'm stuck in a loop...
  3. .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode: I am locked out of Windows with the 'something went wrong and pin unavallable' messsage. Can't reset pin on login screen and don't know password. Safe mode not working, returns to the screen asking for password so I'm stuck in a loop...
  4. I can't boot in to safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't boot in to safe mode: So I've had a really frustrating problem... I was doing a factory reset with my pc and something went wrong. "user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded" so I was like alright time to boot in to safe mode but I literally cannot boot into safe...
  5. Can't selcet boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't selcet boot into safe mode: I am trying to start my computer in safe mode, but when I get the window to select it, my keyboard isn't registering the input. I have used a wireless keyboard and a wired one. I'm on the latest windows update....
  6. Can't boot into safe mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into safe mode.: Every time I try to boot into safe mode it always tries to do an automatic repair and fails to repair.I can still boot normally just not in safe mode. This from the log: Root cause found: Boot critical file g:\windows\system32\drivers\ramdisk.sys is corrupt. Repair...
  7. can't boot into safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't boot into safe mode with networking: can't boot into safe mode with networking https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-safe-mode-with-networking/8176a27b-7df7-4d3f-8d3e-d32044f9e7c5
  8. In Safe Mode, can't sign in with Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    In Safe Mode, can't sign in with Pin: I put my laptop in Safe Mode before running a malware program. When I restated it would not accept my pin and didn't give me an option to change my password. Now I'm stuck because everything I've read about fixing it indicates I need to be on the computer somehow, which I...
  9. Safe mode unavailable after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode unavailable after enabling secure boot: Hello, I've installed Win10 without UEFI/secure boot (a classic MBR drive with NTFS), a few days ago I used mbr2gpt to convert the system drive to GPT and then enabled UEFI and Secure Boot by enrolling the EFI keys from bootx64.efi in my BIOS. From that point I've lost the...
  10. Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log on or boot into Safe Mode: After running some virus scans for maintenance on my computer, (MalwareBytes, Emsisoft), I restarted the machine and wasn't able to log in to my account after that, and I can't get into Safe Mode at all, as the only options at the logon screen are Ease of Access and Network...