Windows 10: PIN unavailable forgot password system booting with no startup service

Discus and support PIN unavailable forgot password system booting with no startup service in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, my pc was taking more than 3 minutes to boot so I tinkered with msconfig boot settings to make it faster with selective boot. Now my pc boots a bit... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ankush Singh Rathore, Sep 23, 2022.

1. PIN unavailable forgot password system booting with no startup service

Hi, my pc was taking more than 3 minutes to boot so I tinkered with msconfig boot settings to make it faster with selective boot. Now my pc boots a bit faster, but It says PIN service unavailable and I don't remember my password. I have signed in with Microsoft account, so I reset password from another PC. But my pc isn't connected to internet as it doesn't show any wifi symbol from where I can connect to internet and sign in with the changed password. I am thinking the wifi service is also disabled at load screen. What can I do to make it enable or sign in to the windows or make PIN available

:)

Ankush Singh Rathore, Sep 23, 2022
  2. NMI
    NMI Win User

Pin unavailable and password changed

It's not possible to set a PIN for any account without first setting a password for that account.

3. Windows Startup password

Is it possible to remove a startup password without being able to log into the system? A friend's laptop just prompt her today for a password that she never enabled. Now, she does have a standard user account password, but that doesn't work for the startup password. She had the computer for about a year now and it has never asked for a startup password until today.

I tried to use Hiren Boot CD to run a diagnostic on the laptop, but it has a bsod. Windows 10 normal boot crashes as well

GoFigureItOut, Sep 23, 2022
  4. VolvoB10M Win User

PIN unavailable forgot password system booting with no startup service

Pin unavailable and password changed

I have just had a problem after trying to login to Windows, I usually get asked to enter a pin number but this time it gives an error sayimg pin is unavailable then changes to a password. I have never set a password but on entering my Microsoft account password which I assumed would work but it says it is wrong. I have tried all alternative passwords including previous Microsoft passwords and none worked, I also noticed the no network symbol was in the bottom right hand corner.

When I attempt to use the "Forgot password" button I get a screen saying "Wait a moment" for 45 - 60 seconds before reverting to the password screen.

The only major change I made was attempting to remove Avast (I installed Kaspersky yesterday), no other major changes have been made.

I don't have a password reset disc as none came with the computer.

How do I log back in?

VolvoB10M, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

PIN unavailable forgot password system booting with no startup service

1. PIN unavailable forgot password system booting with no startup service - Similar Threads - PIN unavailable forgot

2. Forgot PIN and The Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN and The Password: I forgot my PIN and Password on my laptop unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-and-the-password/a82c5b3e-240c-4590-a7f5-72c7710430a5
  3. Forgot PIN and The Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN and The Password: I forgot my PIN and Password on my laptop unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-and-the-password/a82c5b3e-240c-4590-a7f5-72c7710430a5
  4. Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop: On behalf of an elderly gentleman. He’s forgotten his password and since the new update his laptop requires a pin, which he didn’t know and has been entered too many times, so we have the whole A1B2C3 popping up with no option to say forgot pin. We have changed the password...
  5. Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop

Forgot pin and forgot password to laptop: On behalf of an elderly gentleman. He’s forgotten his password and since the new update his laptop requires a pin, which he didn’t know and has been entered too many times, so we have the whole A1B2C3 popping up with no option to say forgot pin. We have changed the password...
  6. PIN unavailable forgot password system booting with no startup service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN unavailable forgot password system booting with no startup service: Hi, my pc was taking more than 3 minutes to boot so I tinkered with msconfig boot settings to make it faster with selective boot. Now my pc boots a bit faster, but It says PIN service unavailable and I don't remember my password. I have signed in with Microsoft account, so I...
  7. PIN unavailable forgot password system booting with no startup service

PIN unavailable forgot password system booting with no startup service: Hi, my pc was taking more than 3 minutes to boot so I tinkered with msconfig boot settings to make it faster with selective boot. Now my pc boots a bit faster, but It says PIN service unavailable and I don't remember my password. I have signed in with Microsoft account, so I...
  8. Forgot PIN and Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN and Password: I am logged into my computer via thumbprint. Since I have been using my thumbprint, I have forgotten my PIN and password. How do I change them so I can access my computer without my thumbprint?...
  9. Forgot PIN and Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot PIN and Password: Hello, I forgot my PIN and password for my windows 10 laptop because I didnt use it for a long time Now i cant connect I didnt found any "forgot passowrd" link to get my password on outlook. My outlook is linked to my laptop but they dont have the same password....
  10. Forgot PIN and Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot PIN and Password: I cannot remember my PIN nor password for a Win10 laptop. Finger print scan still works but says I also have to enter my PIN. Is there any way to recover without doing a full reset and losing all data?...