Windows 10: PIN unavailable, unable to make new PIN, windows explorer runs very slowly, cannot reset PC

Discus and support PIN unavailable, unable to make new PIN, windows explorer runs very slowly, cannot reset PC in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; it all started yesterday, april 1st 2020. in the morning i tried to turn on my laptop. when logging into windows, i usually use my fingerprint, but it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Spludge, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Spludge Win User

PIN unavailable, unable to make new PIN, windows explorer runs very slowly, cannot reset PC

it all started yesterday, april 1st 2020. in the morning i tried to turn on my laptop. when logging into windows, i usually use my fingerprint, but it was unavailable since my PIN was suddenly unavailable. the text"something happened and your PIN isn't available" appeared. i was confused and the only thing to do was to login with my password which succeeded.

once logged in, another strange thing happened which is my desktop not loading my icons. it eventually loads my desktop icons in but it took a long time where usually they appear right away after logging in. if my desktop icons has not appeared and i clicked on the desktop, it will go pale like when an app goes 'not responding' and restarts loading in the wallpaper and taskbar and everything else. same goes for my windows explorer, which takes a long time to even load after opening, which is not usually the case. refreshing both the desktop and windows explorer took a long time too, probably 30 seconds, where it used to be instantaneous.

then i tried making a new PIN. the only option for the PIN was just to add PIN, no option to remove PIN. so i clicked add PIN, entered my microsoft account password, and the asked for either my PIN or my fingerprint, and after trying both, they both finally showed the text Something went wrong - we weren't able to set up your pin. i have tried deleting the contents of my NGC folder, which results in being shown the write new pin window, but after writing my new pin, the sameSomething went wrong - we weren't able to set up your pin text showed up again.

everything still happens until now even after a few restarts. i have also tried resetting my PC, but failed with the there was a problem resetting your PC text. i am using my DELL G3 - 3579 if that info might help. thank you in advance ;

:)

Spludge, Apr 2, 2020
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 pin reset

Since the existing PIN is not working, let us try to remove it and replace it with new one. Please follow the steps listed below:

• Go to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings, Accounts, and then
      Sign-in Options
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    Check the results and see if PIN sign in is working.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Vnet1028 Win User

PIN unavailable, unable to make new PIN, windows explorer runs very slowly, cannot reset PC

Windows PIN locked out - unable to reset

This did not solve my problem.

When setting up my new PC, I originally had a PIN and a Password to log onto my PC.

However, I incorrectly entered the PIN too many times and remember seeing some sort of system error message that I had been permanently locked out from my PIN. Whenever I follow the steps to reset the PIN, the PIN will not reset.

I can only log on using my Password now.

This is a brand new PC. If this cannot be solved, I plan to return my PC for a refund.

Vnet1028, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. PIN unavailable, unable to make new PIN, windows explorer runs very slowly, cannot reset PC - Similar Threads - PIN unavailable unable

2. Unable to reset PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reset PIN: I'm trying to use the store, but i keep getting the message "Something went wrong and your PIN isn't available. You can reset your PIN by going to: Settings >Accounts > Sign-in-options. 0X80090016. I cant follow that path cause there isnt onethat I can find and I'm not able...
  3. Pin is unavailable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pin is unavailable: I’ve been trying for the past 2 hours looking at discussions on how to fix this, seen people saying reset computer 2 times and go to advanced options to repair, that doesn’t pop up even after following the same instructions, even went into my pcs UEFI firmware settings,...
  4. Pin unavailable

Pin unavailable: I tried the systematic enabling and disabling of start up apps on clean boot using an administrator account. However after I disabled 3/4 of my app and after restarting, my PIN was said to be unavailable code: 0x8007139f. Therefore I tried removing my pin, however my Sign-in...
  5. Pin unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin unavailable: I tried the systematic enabling and disabling of start up apps on clean boot using an administrator account. However after I disabled 3/4 of my app and after restarting, my PIN was said to be unavailable code: 0x8007139f. Therefore I tried removing my pin, however my Sign-in...
  6. PIN unavailable

PIN unavailable: After I updated windows, when I went to log in it said "Something happened and your PIN is unavailable," and when I pressed reset pin it just didn't do anything. I thought this was due to the update, so I shift clicked restart and went to troubleshooting, but when I went...
  7. PIN unavailable

PIN unavailable: After I updated windows, when I went to log in it said "Something happened and your PIN is unavailable," and when I pressed reset pin it just didn't do anything. I thought this was due to the update, so I shift clicked restart and went to troubleshooting, but when I went...
  8. Cannot log into Windows 10 PC "Pin is unavailable"

Cannot log into Windows 10 PC "Pin is unavailable": Hello,I searched the forum, and I see that some users had a similar issue, but I was unable to resolve my issue with any of those solutions.The problem that I am having is that I cannot get into my pc because I receive a "your pin is unavailable" error message. I have tried...
  9. pin unavailable reset pin

pin unavailable reset pin: Pin unavailable on sign in screen, locked out of my computer after update. Prompt screen says pin unavailable reset pin. When I click reset pin the screen blurs for a second, then returns to the lock screen with the same prompt. I can get to the windows Administrator:...
  10. My Windows Explorer runs very slowly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Windows Explorer runs very slowly: My Windows Explorer runs very slowly (working ....), it seems that there is a problem with file system. For instance, Layout properties are grayed out, Alternative also (I run Swedish Windows, not sure if Layout and Alöternative alre corect words...). External drives open...