Windows 10: Pin/Unpin is missing from right click context menu

Discus and support Pin/Unpin is missing from right click context menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys I reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and after that the pin/unpin options is missing from the context menu (right click) to pin/unpin tiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joeyTribbiani, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Pin/Unpin is missing from right click context menu

Hi guys

I reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and after that the pin/unpin options is missing from the context menu (right click) to pin/unpin tiles from the startmenu.

Any ideas?

:)

joeyTribbiani, Feb 4, 2016

2. Can't unpin FTP location from Quick Access

I've pinned an FTP location to the Quick Access menu in Windows 10 Explorer, but now cannot unpin it.

To replicate:

1. Browse to an FTP location in Windows Explorer

2. Right-click "Quick Access"

3. Select "Pin current folder to Quick access"

4. Right-click the newly pinned folder

You should see that there is no option to unpin the folder. The context menu only offers the (greyed out) option to "Expand".

Notably, this pin only appears in Explorer and not in the jump lists (for example by right-clicking Explorer from the task bar).

How do I remove this pin?

alecgibson, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with managing Start Context menu items on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "add and remove items from the Windows 10 Start Context menu", are you referring to add or remove the contents present in Start Menu?

If you want to manage the apps which will appear in Start Menu, then you can pin or unpin any apps from the Start Menu.

Step 2: To add the icons of any apps in the Start Menu.

1. Click on Search Menu.

2. Then type the name of apps which you want to add in Start Menu.

3. Right click on the name of apps and click on Pin to Start.

Step 2: Try to unpin the apps which you don't want to display in Start Menu.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Right click on any apps icons in the Start Menu.

3. Then click on Unpin from Start.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 4, 2016
  4. Pin/Unpin is missing from right click context menu

I might add that Ive tried uninstalling the antivirus (Malwarebytes) without any change in my problem.

5. Ive read somewhere in this forum that some guy did some change in the registry that solved this, but unfortunattely he didnt say what change. And I cant get in touch with him now.

6. Private Win User
    Hi there,

How about open the Start Menu > All apps > right click on any desired apps and try to pin/unpin from there.

Private, Feb 4, 2016
  7. Well I wish it was that simple *Smile But as I wrote "the pin/unpin options is missing from the context menu (right click) to pin/unpin tiles from the startmenu."

So that is my problem, those menu options are missing, only one option "more" is present.

8. davidhk Win User

Pin/Unpin is missing from right click context menu

1st suggestion :
    Run a system file check to look for corrupt file. It will try to do repair if any found.

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.

davidhk, Feb 4, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    @joeyTribbiani
    Do you have the option to Pin to Start anywhere else in the system?

Edwin, Feb 4, 2016
  10. Berton Win User
    I have seen a few right-click issues and lost ability to Minimize or Maximize/Restore windows when Tablet Mode is enabled, either inadvertently or accidentally.

Berton, Feb 4, 2016
  11. No unfortunattely not.

12. Not in tablet mode either... *Sad I have some computers with windows 10 and no problem until this...

13. Pin/Unpin is missing from right click context menu

it ended with the #2 " successfully repaired..." but it didnt resolve the problem.

14. davidhk Win User
    Perhaps a restart might improve ?

Although sfc /scannow reports successful repair, it is no harm to run the dism command too.
    Would you care to give it a go ?

davidhk, Feb 4, 2016
  15. KeithM Win User
    Look under the following registry keys for a value named: NoChangeStartMenu

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

If it exists, change its data to 0 or simply delete it.

Keith

KeithM, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

Pin/Unpin is missing from right click context menu

1. Pin/Unpin is missing from right click context menu - Similar Threads - Pin Unpin missing

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu: Hi,When I right click on my mouse, I do not see add to the "short-cut" option in the context menu, unless I am on the laptop screen itself, in which case it is under "new" option on the context menu. In addition, I want to add "sniping tool" and calculator to the context...
  4. Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu: Hi,When I right click on my mouse, I do not see add to the "short-cut" option in the context menu, unless I am on the laptop screen itself, in which case it is under "new" option on the context menu. In addition, I want to add "sniping tool" and calculator to the context...
  5. Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  7. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  8. Pin to taskbar missing from right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to taskbar missing from right click menu: I have a shortcut to an .exe that for some reason pin to taskbar is missing, pin to start is there, a picture is worth a 1000 words. Windows 10 build 18362.836 [img] 157164
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. Pin/Unpin Options Missing on Right-Click Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin/Unpin Options Missing on Right-Click Menu: Hi, I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 (x64) and I wanted to change my start menu tiles since I had a start menu as opposed to the start screen. Naturally, I tried right-clicking the tiles that were present and unpinning them from the start menu, but the option doesn't show up!...