Windows 10: PIN used in waking up computer after sleep

Discus and support PIN used in waking up computer after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Many times I use the sleep mode when not using my computer. When I try to wake it up I get the following: Pin not available Error code 0x8009002d I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by VictorHeiner, Feb 20, 2021.

1. PIN used in waking up computer after sleep

Many times I use the sleep mode when not using my computer. When I try to wake it up I get the following:

Pin not available

Error code 0x8009002d

I can get back in using my password. When I initially start up the computer the PIN works. I usually disconnect from the internet before putting the computer in sleep mode.

How can I fix the PIN problem?

:)

VictorHeiner, Feb 20, 2021
  2. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Feb 20, 2021
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 20, 2021
  4. PIN used in waking up computer after sleep

computer wake-up after sleep

Did all the steps exactly as shown above and "Allow this device to wake the computer" was already selected.

I think you might have miss-understood the problem. It appears that the computer is waking up, but it doesn't re-connect to my display. I have to turn off the display and turn it back on to get my display to to re-connect. This was not a problem prior to
    the last Win 10 upgrade.

Bill McCormick_5407, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

PIN used in waking up computer after sleep

1. PIN used in waking up computer after sleep - Similar Threads - PIN used waking

2. Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?: I want this PC to require a pin any time it wakes from sleep, restarts, or is shut all the down and starts back up.Right now it is only requiring the pin on wake up from sleep which doesn't make much sense to me....
  3. Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin required after wake up from sleep but not after startup?: I want this PC to require a pin any time it wakes from sleep, restarts, or is shut all the down and starts back up.Right now it is only requiring the pin on wake up from sleep which doesn't make much sense to me....
  4. Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Immediately Wakes Up After Sleep Mode Puts It to Sleep: The Sleep Mode puts my machine to sleep then the machine immediately wakes up. Rebooting has not helped, nor has changing the Sleep Mode Settings. I have not found any solutions in the Internet. Thanks for any thoughts and guidance. 179664
  5. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  6. Computer won't wake up after sleep

Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  7. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep: Greetings, 4 days after I reinstalled my OS my PC starts to not turn on after it automatically sleeps but after I turning it, it works but when I check Event viewer it gives me critical error and it says INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Btw I've already update and reinstall my...
  8. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode: Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and...
  9. Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSODS after waking up from sleep: After fixing my old problem of a driver state power failure, I've been getting BSOD's after waking my computer up from sleep. The BSOD screen is too pixelated to read and I dont know exactly what could be wrong. I have the DMP file from today. To fix this BSOD I've just...
  10. Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent): After an update a couple of weeks ago after the computer goes to sleep in it's own, it won't wake up or even turn the screen on unless I force restart it. It's very inconvenient because I've already lost some work after leaving it for a few minutes and it not turning on. Plus...