Windows 10: Pin web site to start menu

Discus and support Pin web site to start menu in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is it possible to pin web site to start menu? 34878 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zplugger, Dec 22, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

Pin web site to start menu

Is it possible to pin web site to start menu?

:)

zplugger, Dec 22, 2015
  2. BobJedel Win User

Widows 10 live tiles customize.

Is there any chance to customize image of the live tile of web sites pinned to start menu? All pinned tiles looks the same with edge logo on it.

BobJedel, Dec 22, 2015
  3. Windows 10 apps

It won't put it in All Apps, but you can pin any web page to the Start menu using Edge. Just go to the site, then click/touch the 3 dots in the upper right corner. Then just select "Pin this page to Start."

Frederick J. Barnett, Dec 22, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

In the yellow box is Windows 10 Forums pinned from(in order) Chrome, IE and Edge(which has a live tile and gives "some" live site updates),.

Pin web site to start menu [​IMG]

I haven't figured out Firefox yet though.

Cliff S, Dec 22, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member

You can delete the one on the desktop if you wish.

Cliff S, Dec 22, 2015
  6. zplugger Win User
    Thanks Cliff, Happy Holidays

zplugger, Dec 22, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome, and Happy Holidays to you too

Cliff S, Dec 22, 2015
  8. zplugger Win User

One more Question, when I do that it go to start menu as Google icon,can't get it to change? For example I want Hotmail in start menu,need different icon then google if possible.

zplugger, Dec 22, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    If you have another custom icon(.ico) you can customize the icon by going to:
    C:\Users\YourNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    And right clicking the icon, open properties then browse to where ever your custom icon is stored, and change the default icon,.

Cliff S, Dec 22, 2015
  10. zplugger Win User
    Did that but no changes on start menu, if pin it to task bar then its the new icon ?
    Since it opens crome I'm guessing it can't be change.Not sure why it does on taskbar

Does anyone know if you can make web site icon with TileCreator ?

zplugger, Dec 22, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    You can change Chrome's icon once, (at a time), by replacing the default 'logo' icons with an image of your choice.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Pin web site to start menu - Similar Threads - Pin web site

2. i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok?

in Windows 10 Customization
    i can pin web sites to task bar but not to start screen ? but can pin apps to start screen ok?: why cant i pin to start screen when in a web page no option shows but pin to task bar works fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-pin-web-sites-to-task-bar-but-not-to-start/62282203-d611-43e6-8c87-d296f9d453f1
  3. Pin web site to start missing

Pin web site to start missing: Pin web site to start missing is there a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-web-site-to-start-missing/2ade8ff9-2cb5-4b76-9951-7ff008c8cbb4
  4. Pinning Sites to the Start

Pinning Sites to the Start: Hello - For the last few days, I haven't been able to pin sites to the Start. I don't know what happened. I can pin them to the Taskbar but when I try to pin them to the Start, the blue square appears and when I click it, nothing happens. Instead of saying the site name, the...
  5. Edge Start Menu Web Site Add

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Start Menu Web Site Add: Latest info from Google is to find "PIN TO START MENU" when I want to add a website to the START MENU. But there is no "PIN TO START MENU". Has this feature been deleted or is it hidden?...
  6. web site

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web site: i went to a website and there address does not exist how do they keep operateing Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site/dccdf822-e964-4953-9e97-24c91beab5cd
  7. Pinned Web Site

Pinned Web Site: Is there still no way to rename web site I pin to the start menu??? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pinned-web-site/f92a3f93-c1c2-46d8-a4d5-da9b32de6e6d
  8. Unable to Pin Web Site to Start

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Pin Web Site to Start: I try to [pin a web site to start but after selecting "Pin this page to start" I get no confirmation dialog. The page is nowhere in the start screen and I have no issues with other web sites I've tried to pin. This is after a clean install and this occurred yesterday...
  9. Web site icons on start window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Web site icons on start window?: Is it possible to ad a web site icon/tile to the start window. For some reason the google web site icon is there, but I would like to add a few more of web sites I frequently visit. The right click on a web site URL does not give the option of creating a tile/icon on the...
  10. Web site icons on start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Web site icons on start menu tiles: Is it possible to change the edge icon on the tile to one from a web site such as Google or Ccleaner etc. on a small tile. Some come that way automatically, but for others one has to hover the mouse over to see the text. [img] 30597