Windows 10: PIN Windows User Account setup, but not accessible during sign-in

Discus and support PIN Windows User Account setup, but not accessible during sign-in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a PIN setup to use for my sign-in, but cannot get Sign-in screen to ask for it. I keeps asking for my Windows 10 user account password instead... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mdk1bypdk, Jan 17, 2019.

1. mdk1bypdk Win User

PIN Windows User Account setup, but not accessible during sign-in

I have a PIN setup to use for my sign-in, but cannot get Sign-in screen to ask for it. I keeps asking for my Windows 10 user account password instead of PIN. I can get in, but I had wanted to use the PIN method. Anyone have an idea what I still need to do, to accomplish having the sign-in ask for the PIN instead of password?

:)

mdk1bypdk, Jan 17, 2019

2. Account Pin -not sign in pin

Thank you for the clarification, Marcos. Please provide more information by answering the following:

• May I know if your child has his own Microsoft account?
    • Is he using his own Microsoft account to log in to the PC (PC where you want to install the game - let's name it PC 2) or is he using a local account?
    • Is it a standard user account or an account with admin rights?
    • If your child does not have a Microsoft account, whose account is logged in to PC 2? Is it your own Microsoft account?
    • Which Windows edition is it? Is it Windows Home or Pro?

Sorry about the list of questions. However, knowing these details will help us figure this out.

Please note that the Windows Store Licensing Model allows you to install apps across a number of devices and users. Windows 10 Store apps will be limited to 10 device installs using the same Microsoft account. However, before you can actually share
    your apps, there are a few things you need to do first.

If you are logged in to PC 2 using your own Microsoft account and not a local account, you will be asked to enter the PIN you set up for PC 2.

PIN Windows User Account setup, but not accessible during sign-in 7dbfca3a-95bc-40bd-b086-3f972996a27c?upload=true.png

You mentioned that you have created a PIN but it's not helping. Are you getting an error when entering the PIN? If so, can you send a screenshot of the error? If you are certain that you're using the correct PIN, I suggest deleting
    everything within the NGC folder and try to add a new PIN. Deleting this folder often resolves PIN issues in Windows 10. Please follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer and browse to this location: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    2. Delete everything within that folder. To do so, you must be logged in as an administrator.
    3. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    4. Click Add a PIN and add a new PIN for your account.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Aileen Alf, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Pinning User Folder to Quick Access pins wrong folder

Hi Dark,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing Quick access for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

PIN

Hi Matthew,

There's a possibility that the PIN code you're asked to enter is the PIN code of your Windows 10 user account. If you signed in to Windows 10 using your Microsoft account, the Xbox app will take the credentials you've used to sign in. Let's remove the PIN
    code. Here are the steps:

1. Click Start and select Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options, under PIN, click
      Remove
    4. Confirm the changes by entering your profile password.

Refer to
    Can I sign in to Windows
    without a password for the steps on how to change the sign-in options for your Windows 10 device.

If the same instance occurs after removing the PIN code and changing your user account's sign-in options, we suggest that you sign in to
    Xbox.com. This is to verify if there's an issue with your Xbox account.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

1. PIN Windows User Account setup, but not accessible during sign-in - Similar Threads - PIN User Account

2. Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup: I reset my hp laptop ready to sell it to my brother used for last 3 years myself as a personal laptop and on restart and setup it asked for his wifi so he entered his home shell energy wifi router password, then it said the dreaded: sign in to work or school account but this...
  3. Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup: I reset my hp laptop ready to sell it to my brother used for last 3 years myself as a personal laptop and on restart and setup it asked for his wifi so he entered his home shell energy wifi router password, then it said the dreaded: sign in to work or school account but this...
  4. Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup: Hi, I have been having this problem for months and communicating with Microsoft support, without much luck.When I do a completely fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro or Windows 10 Pro, including completely wiping my hard drives, I am forced to log in with a work or school...
  5. Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup

Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup: Hi, I have been having this problem for months and communicating with Microsoft support, without much luck.When I do a completely fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro or Windows 10 Pro, including completely wiping my hard drives, I am forced to log in with a work or school...
  6. Two users during Windows 11 setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two users during Windows 11 setup: I bought a new computer for my husband and somehow during initial setup, I ended up with two users. I installed some important software on the first account. The next day, I realized he had two accounts. I went in to the second account, restored all his data from Carbonite...
  7. Two users during Windows 11 setup

Two users during Windows 11 setup: I bought a new computer for my husband and somehow during initial setup, I ended up with two users. I installed some important software on the first account. The next day, I realized he had two accounts. I went in to the second account, restored all his data from Carbonite...
  8. Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in: Can't Setup PIN windows hello sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-setup-pin-windows-hello-sign-in/8f2817cb-6315-43af-af49-369169282bd9
  9. Windows Access to Email Accounts During Setup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Access to Email Accounts During Setup: If in fact Windows NEEDS full access to complete email setup, then why wasn't a "Radio Button" pop up programmed when access is being requested so that we have the option to accept or refuse? This is a very simple and popular option but is NOT available. So in fact our...
  10. Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sign into user account with pin instead of password: Build 9926, after setting up a dual install of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, you should be able to sign into a user account (std.) using a pin instead of a password. The account uses a Microsoft account and when trying to personalize the sign-in to a pin, appears to show the...