Windows 10: PIN won't work after I enabled Diagnostic Startup in MSCONFIG in normal and safe mode both

Discus and support PIN won't work after I enabled Diagnostic Startup in MSCONFIG in normal and safe mode both in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have enabled the Diagnostic Startup in the MSCONFIG and I can't now login in the Windows 10 login screen where I can't type the PIN as well in the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mohammed Mehdi TBER, Feb 21, 2021.

1. PIN won't work after I enabled Diagnostic Startup in MSCONFIG in normal and safe mode both

I have enabled the Diagnostic Startup in the MSCONFIG and I can't now login in the Windows 10 login screen where I can't type the PIN as well in the safe mode. How do I fix this lock without a clean install?

:)

Mohammed Mehdi TBER, Feb 21, 2021

2. cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are not able to boot to in normal mode. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Did you follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup?

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    If yes, you may follow the below steps to check if the computer boots to selective startup:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Select the Selective startup option, check the box for load startup services, load startup items, use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it boots successfully to selective startup then you can boot to normal startup from selective startup.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Recovery to normal startup from diagnostic startup in windows 10

All those can work only if you can logged in. In my case, i cannot logged in at all because there is no log in form to filled. There are only 4 icons showed up on the lower right corner wich is not helping me to solved my problem. Now, i can recover after
    conducting crashboot for windows 10. shut down the computer, Turn on again and Hold down the SHIFT KEY, when it start to boot force it to shut down. Do it twice (Dont Forget to Hold the SHIFT key). In the 3rd time, the Diagnostic repair screen will appear.
    There are some option. Choose the StartUp Mode, and then follow the instruction to conduct safe mode. After restart, we will entering the safe mode.

after entering the safe mode then you can do Run the MSConfig, checklist the normal startup. And restart. Done. Computer Back to normal

Dimas-Husna, Feb 21, 2021
  4. garynec Win User

PIN won't work after I enabled Diagnostic Startup in MSCONFIG in normal and safe mode both

cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

I had two pc's that would not return to normal mode.

PC1 on Win 10 had a hung HP process I could not clear. The sound icon also came up disabled. I put it into safe mode but could not return to normal mode. Every time I used MSCONFIG to put it in normal mode, it would go back to selective start and reboot
    but problem would not go away. I was able to run selective mode, then "disable" all start up services, restart then go back into MSCONFIG and set all services to enabled. At this time

PC1 started up in normal mode and everything now works.

PC2 Win 10 was running fine until I placed it into safe mode to trouble shoot/verify functionality of Windows 10.

It went into safe mode ok but just like PC1, it would not return to normal either. However when it came up in safe mode MSCONFIG, task manager, system status screen or any other system function would hang in busy and would not open. PC2 then began to
    be unstable to the point I was ready to restore the backup. However, I went into the Boot + F2 diagnostics and reset this pc and let the diagnostics bring it up is safe mode. At that point I went into safe-msconfig, disabled all services, restarted back
    into safe mode. Then started all services again then restart in normal and all is ok.

It appears that Win10 has a long way to go but after Win8, anything is better.

garynec, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

PIN won't work after I enabled Diagnostic Startup in MSCONFIG in normal and safe mode both

1. PIN won't work after I enabled Diagnostic Startup in MSCONFIG in normal and safe mode both - Similar Threads - PIN won't enabled

2. Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode: Hi,My screen started flickering after a Windows update. It does not seem like an app problem because my task manager flickers. I have tried uninstalling my display adaptors in safe mode and even in a normal start-up. My screen is still flickering even after restart. I'm using...
  3. Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering in normal startup and safe mode: Hi,My screen started flickering after a Windows update. It does not seem like an app problem because my task manager flickers. I have tried uninstalling my display adaptors in safe mode and even in a normal start-up. My screen is still flickering even after restart. I'm using...
  4. Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup: Hi guys, so i rebooted my laptop on msconfig diagnostic startup and it says that i have a problem with my pin, and when i clic on it, it says get an application from the store and nothing happens when i select ok . I can’t acces anything beyond the start menu. Here’s what i...
  5. Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup

Got locked on msconfig diagnostic startup: Hi guys, so i rebooted my laptop on msconfig diagnostic startup and it says that i have a problem with my pin, and when i clic on it, it says get an application from the store and nothing happens when i select ok . I can’t acces anything beyond the start menu. Here’s what i...
  6. Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig: HiIm using Asus Zenbook and recently I had a problem with Microsoft office. I tried to do several things including deleting and reinstalling. One of the things I tried was to run in diagnostic startup and run a repair. Since then I got stuck in this startup mode and I cant...
  7. Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig

Stuck in Diagnostic Startup after choosing the option in MSconfig: HiIm using Asus Zenbook and recently I had a problem with Microsoft office. I tried to do several things including deleting and reinstalling. One of the things I tried was to run in diagnostic startup and run a repair. Since then I got stuck in this startup mode and I cant...
  8. Pin & Password not accepted after msconfig diagnostic startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin & Password not accepted after msconfig diagnostic startup: Using a Shift-Restart I can get into the recovery menus and even login to the command prompt using the same password that doesn't work at GUI boot. Is there a way from the command prompt to set it to what msconfig calls a normal boot? Thanks! 179157
  9. MSconfig / normal startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSconfig / normal startup: Hi all, I am experiencing problems on startup (old Dell E6320 with Windows 10 32bits) since I may have change MSconfig setup from Selective to Normal Startup. Ever since when Windows is booting, it takes minutes to get to the PW screen, my PW is no longer accepted, then it...
  10. msconfig>Diagnostic startup fails

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    msconfig>Diagnostic startup fails: I am trying to determine why Firefox takes 20 seconds to open. This does not happen in Safe Mode so presumably another package is causing the delay. Consequently, I wanted to start in diagnostics mode. However, as soon as I click on the button for Diagnostics startup, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot sign into.safe.mode kernal error.pin

2. disable startup programs pin wont work

3. msconfig diagnostic boot cmd cant login

4. diagnostic mode pin error solution,
  5. windows 10 bo oin after seletyive botto g,
  6. windows 10 diagnostic mode pin not working,
  7. unable to return to normal boot windows 8 after diagnostic msconfig,
  8. bootcomputer not diagnostic mode,
  9. how to diagonostic pc windows 10 not start up,
  10. windows 10 selective startup command prompt