Windows 10: PIN won't work straight after wake or reboot but works normally after logging in

Discus and support PIN won't work straight after wake or reboot but works normally after logging in in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been experiencing an issue when trying to login using my PIN after laptop reboot or wake. If I try to use my PIN after rebooting or waking my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FelipeMaykot, Oct 25, 2018.

1. PIN won't work straight after wake or reboot but works normally after logging in

I've been experiencing an issue when trying to login using my PIN after laptop reboot or wake.

If I try to use my PIN after rebooting or waking my laptop up Windows displays the loading screen (as if it were correctly logging me in) for an unusually long time, about a minute, only to revert back to the lock screen.

Password works fine. In fact, if I login using my password I can then lock my computer and use my PIN normally. After reboot or sleep the issue comes back. Purposely typing a wrong PIN and then the correct one seems to work sometimes as well.

I've tried the usual fixes for PIN errors, deleting Ngc folder, reverting the system to a previous restore point, removing the PIN and adding it again, etc. Some of these solutions have worked, but only temporarily.

Does anyone have a clue of why this is happening?

My laptop is an Alienware 15 R2 and I'm running Win 10 1803.

Thanks in advance!

:)

FelipeMaykot, Oct 25, 2018

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Oct 25, 2018
  3. google and you tube stiil won t work

google and you tube stiil won t work

radelovric, Oct 25, 2018
  4. tops Win User

PIN won't work straight after wake or reboot but works normally after logging in

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

PIN won't work straight after wake or reboot but works normally after logging in

1. PIN won't work straight after wake or reboot but works normally after logging in - Similar Threads - PIN won't straight

2. Microphone not working after reboot temporarily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working after reboot temporarily: So what happens is, when I restart my computer my microphone works but then after 1 - 10 minutes it just stops working or gets really quiet to the point where you basically can't hear it, I tried updating drivers, troubleshooting, etc. I can't find a way to fix this, can...
  3. Microphone not working after reboot temporally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working after reboot temporally: So what happens is, when I restart my computer my microphone works but then after 1 - 10 minutes it just stops working or gets really quiet to the point where you basically can't hear it, I tried updating drivers, troubleshooting, etc. I can't find a way to fix this, can...
  4. Log-In PIN not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log-In PIN not working: HiMy son's 6 digit PIN log-in number currently isn't working on his Lenovo Yoga C740 Laptop, purchased in December 2020.We click on 'forgot my pin' and it goes back to the screen saver page.We've tried to restart etc... and still nothing.We're now having to wait 2 hours to...
  5. PIN won't work after I enabled Diagnostic Startup in MSCONFIG in normal and safe mode both

PIN won't work after I enabled Diagnostic Startup in MSCONFIG in normal and safe mode both: I have enabled the Diagnostic Startup in the MSCONFIG and I can't now login in the Windows 10 login screen where I can't type the PIN as well in the safe mode. How do I fix this lock without a clean install?...
  6. camera won't work must use pin to log in

camera won't work must use pin to log in: Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-wont-work-must-use-pin-to-log-in/1b420842-a39b-41b0-bd5a-646294dd3db5
  7. Internet straight up stopped working after moving house

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet straight up stopped working after moving house: I posted this on r/pcmasterrace a little while ago but I’d love some more advice from here too! Hello everyone! Sorry in advance for the bad formatting, I’m on mobile. I have a huge issue right now. A few days ago I moved house with my family. Before the move, I was...
  8. Keyboard won't work to enter password, but works after log in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard won't work to enter password, but works after log in: Dell PC - keyboard has stopped working to enter password. I must enter the password using On Screen Keyboard. Once the password is entered and I am logged on, the keyboard works normally. Does anyone know how this can be corrected? Thanks!...
  9. Data gone after rebooting and logging in with password instead of pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data gone after rebooting and logging in with password instead of pin: Rebooted my PC and after I tried to sign in with my pin. Message says "You can't sign into this device right now. Try the last password used on this device." I use "Sign in options" to change to password and enter my password. I get in but all my data is gone and my desktop...
  10. Laptop won't work after system reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't work after system reboot: Ok so basically massive crisis: I wanted to restart my whole laptop back to factory settings, within doing so I waited and I waited and it got to 99% and was stuck there for 3 hours, when I come back to check it was just a black screen so I turned my laptop off forcefully....