Windows 10: Pin

Discus and support Pin in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop and never got a pin ... now i cant get in without knowing it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KatherineLambert, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Pin

I just bought a new laptop and never got a pin ... now i cant get in without knowing it

:)

KatherineLambert, Dec 5, 2020
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Dec 5, 2020
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Pin

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Pin

1. Pin - Similar Threads - Pin

2. Cannot Remove PIN Logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Remove PIN Logon: There was a program I installed that required me to create a PIN number for windows and after doing this I'm now required to log into Windows with a PIN instead of password. I've seen several tutorials online on how to remove said PIN number but the 'remove' button under...
  3. Comcast Internet is out due to Power Failure, now I can't sign-in to my Computer, with my pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Comcast Internet is out due to Power Failure, now I can't sign-in to my Computer, with my pin?: I'm unable to sign-in, due to COMCAST, being down, due to Power failure, WIN10. How can I sign-in to my compute when my PIN won't work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/comcast-internet-is-out-due-to-power-failure-now-i/28076459-14c5-4c18-8e81-da62741d1831
  4. I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin: Hello, I have Minecraft Bedrock edition on two other Microsoft accounts. I cannot log into either of these accounts because of old pins I do not remember and there is LITERALLY no way to reset them without being on an old device. Better yet, I reset one of the account's pins...
  5. Lock Screen: Unable to type PIN code after computer wakes up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen: Unable to type PIN code after computer wakes up from sleep.: This is an interesting bug. About 50% of the time when I wake my computer up from sleep it will not allow me to type in any numbers from the 10-key or from 1-0 on the keyboard. My two workarounds is to click on the Ease of Access button in the bottom right, then...
  6. Asks me for my pin every time I open a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asks me for my pin every time I open a program: Every time I try to open a program that prompts the "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" message, it NOW asks me to enter my pin every time, instead of just confirming it. I have no idea how this happened or how to change it back....
  7. finger print and pin not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    finger print and pin not working: I have a brand new HP Envy and the pin was set up as well as finger print. Now neither work. The only way to sign in is with my Microsoft password. Please help....
  8. BitLocker PIN/recovery is not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker PIN/recovery is not working: I have a serious issue and I hope someone can help me out to recover my data. Unfortunately my BitLocker has locked me out of my own PC, although I have both the BitLocker PIN and the recovery code however, the ID mismatches. Some background information: 1. I have Windows 10...
  9. I forgot my windows 10 pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I forgot my windows 10 pin: I forgot my windows 10 pin and I only remember the old pin. Seice my account that I registered the pc with is really old I no longer remember the Microsoft account password....
  10. Help, Disk usage pinned at 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, Disk usage pinned at 100%: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DracolaAdil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l02egt/help_disk_usage_pinned_at_100/