Windows 10: PIN

Discus and support PIN in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have never entered a pin and when logging in on my other laptop it is asking for one. what do i need to do.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AmberKwast, Jan 9, 2021.

1. PIN

Hi, I have never entered a pin and when logging in on my other laptop it is asking for one. what do i need to do.

:)

AmberKwast, Jan 9, 2021
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jan 9, 2021
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 9, 2021
  4. PIN

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

PIN

1. PIN - Similar Threads - PIN

2. Windows 10 pin no longer available no password now stool in repair boot loop ! Fresh...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 pin no longer available no password now stool in repair boot loop ! Fresh...: Fresh install windows 10 had a problem with my right button on my desktop then I rebooted and now I can not log in at all pin no longer available . Restarted holding shift key now stuck In boot loop upset is a understatement. Tried command prompt nothings working no start up...
  3. camera won't work must use pin to log in

camera won't work must use pin to log in: Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-wont-work-must-use-pin-to-log-in/1b420842-a39b-41b0-bd5a-646294dd3db5
  4. How to Pin and Unpin Downloads in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Pin and Unpin Downloads in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge will save items you want to download into your C:\Users\<username>\Downloads (%UserProfile%\Downloads) folder by default. You can now add the Downloads button to the toolbar in Microsoft Edge. The Downloads button allow you to quickly view, manage, search,...
  5. 19042.782 update removes "Open file location" link so can't change pinned icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    19042.782 update removes "Open file location" link so can't change pinned icon: Hi. The latest Insider Update makes a number of really unwelcome changes. Pinned apps are no longer in the Start Menu > Programs folder, and there's no right-click Open Folder Location link to it in Start. So it's no longer possible to change whatever icon Edge decides to...
  6. The pin option is suddenly missing from clipboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    The pin option is suddenly missing from clipboard: I have used the pin option in Clipboard for several years, but it has disappeared from my computer. What should I do to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-pin-option-is-suddenly-missing-from-clipboard/4cf41655-cd0b-4478-8924-9e6a9335fdf9
  7. What trash. they way overcomplicated a simple thing. I can't pin programs to my task bar...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What trash. they way overcomplicated a simple thing. I can't pin programs to my task bar...: submitted by /u/kaylaXkitten [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5mkc5/what_trash_they_way_overcomplicated_a_simple/
  8. Pin to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to taskbar: Hello everyone! Does anyone know why I am not eable to ping to taskbar? 173036
  9. Can't login to my account without PIN, can't change PIN without PIN, don't know PIN.

Can't login to my account without PIN, can't change PIN without PIN, don't know PIN.: The problem began because my OneNote was logged out of one of my microsoft accounts - the account associated with my Windows laptop. To log back in, it demands either my fingerprint reader, which stopped working, or my PIN, which I can't remember. I can't change my pin from...
  10. Don’t know PIN cannot login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don’t know PIN cannot login: Hi I always login with the account password in My office laptop but today, as soon as I opened it it requested the pin# and there was no other way to login. I don’t know why it doesnt show <I forgot the pin #> in order to reset it. I have lot of work to do.. plz help~...