Windows 10: pin

Discus and support pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when i download something and it opens it always asks for my pin so how do i keep it from doing that because i dont want to keep putting my pin in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by datg1, Jul 21, 2021.

1. datg1 Win User

pin

when i download something and it opens it always asks for my pin so how do i keep it from doing that because i dont want to keep putting my pin in everytime i download something

:)

datg1, Jul 21, 2021
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Jul 21, 2021
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 21, 2021
  4. pin

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

pin

1. pin - Similar Threads - pin

2. Is a Windows PIN + TPM more secure than a standard password if you don't plan on signing in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is a Windows PIN + TPM more secure than a standard password if you don't plan on signing in...: Right now I use a long and complex password to sign into my local account. I've never signed into Windows using my Microsoft account and don't plan to. I've been considering switching over to a Windows Hello PIN + TPM for convenience, but want to make sure this is actually...
  3. No option to use PIN on the login screen

No option to use PIN on the login screen: Hi,I have a PC that is connected to our businesses Azure AD.I have added the user that is going to use the PC, but no matter what I try I cannot login with a PINcode.I am perfectly able to add a pincode, but the loginscreen doesn't show the option to use it. Only the password...
  4. You better add Pin Protection to your Bitlocker configuration

in Windows 10 News
    You better add Pin Protection to your Bitlocker configuration: Bitlocker is a popular encryption technology by Microsoft that is used to protect data on Windows devices. Home users and Enterprise customers may protect the system and data using Bitlocker. Bitlocker works in a convenient way by default, as users don't need to enter a pin...
  5. Microsoft Store Doesn't Recognize My PIN

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Doesn't Recognize My PIN: I am using Windows 10 on a HP desktop computer. I login with a Microsoft account using a PIN. When I go to the Microsoft store, it asks me for my PIN. I enter the same PIN as I do when I log into Windows, but it doesn't recognize it. The Credential Security screen that pops...
  6. Something happened and your pin isn't available issue, but worst.

Something happened and your pin isn't available issue, but worst.: Hi, I’m Max and I’m currently having this issue on 2 systems. The issue keeps looping over and over. I thought I could just go to system options and do a trouble shoot or something like that, anything would have fixed my issue but apparently a new update or something made my...
  7. "your pin isn't available" Windows 10

"your pin isn't available" Windows 10: "your pin isn't available" Windows 10. After recent large update this message now displays and cannot reset pin and it doesn't like the old password.Happened to another desktop earlier and after reading the community posts decided to replace hard drive. Had old hard drive...
  8. hello windows pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hello windows pin: Brand new Dell laptop with windows 10. When i first set it up I was promted to enter a PIN which I did. Now I want to remove it. Followed all the instructions.settings>accounts>signin options>windows hello pin. Message:windows hellp pin: this option is currently unavailable....
  9. Need 'Pin To Taskbar' Option ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Need 'Pin To Taskbar' Option ...: ... or something's not right. I created a shortcut that points to a batch file. The shortcut works great. HOWEVER : On r-clik I am NOT seeing a 'pin to taskbar' option and I want to pin it to the taskbar. Others shortcuts have it. 183072
  10. I need to log in with a new PIN number after I restart the laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need to log in with a new PIN number after I restart the laptop: Last night I am about to restart my PC and at the log in page, my PC want me to log in with a new PIN. But, I can't create a new one because the button to create the new PIN does not responsive at all....