Windows 10: Pincode and lockscreen (partly) missing after update

Discus and support Pincode and lockscreen (partly) missing after update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have updated Windows 10 from version 1803 to 1903. When I after that close my laptop, physically like a book, and then opens it again, there appears... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ole HJ, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Ole HJ Win User

Pincode and lockscreen (partly) missing after update

I have updated Windows 10 from version 1803 to 1903. When I after that close my laptop, physically like a book, and then opens it again, there appears no lockscreen, from where I can be asked to log in with a pincode, as it used to before the update. Instead, the desktop appears again without me having to log in. I want the lockscreen with the pincode log in back. How do I get that? The lockscreen only appears, when I have turned off the computer and switch it on again.

:)

Ole HJ, Aug 18, 2019

2. login with pincode is no longer possible after system restore

Someone from other post with same issue found the solution for my problem.

Resetting alone did not do the job but after suggested following 'Forgot my pincode' procedure making new pincode (same is possible) I had to login again to Microsoft account and that straightened things out again.

After restart I could login again with pincode!

Problem solved Pincode and lockscreen (partly) missing after update :)

rjamesbeen, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Aug 18, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to remove weather widget on lockscreen Lollipop

I have recently updated my Galaxy S4 to lollipop, now I see a weather widget on the lockscreen which never gets updated, I want to get the current temps of the day or otherwise remove it but I can't find a way to do this.

Anyone?

P4-630, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Pincode and lockscreen (partly) missing after update - Similar Threads - Pincode lockscreen partly

2. How can I create a new pincode for my lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I create a new pincode for my lockscreen?: Yesterday I couldn't log in my pc because it said "you tried too many times to log in, try again after 2 hours" and after 4 hours it still said the same thing so i decided to click on forgot password. And now I can't make a new pincode, no matter what I do. I went to the...
  3. How can I create a new pincode for my lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I create a new pincode for my lockscreen?: Yesterday I couldn't log in my pc because it said "you tried too many times to log in, try again after 2 hours" and after 4 hours it still said the same thing so i decided to click on forgot password. And now I can't make a new pincode, no matter what I do. I went to the...
  4. How can I create a new pincode for my lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pincode setup

Pincode setup: Hello i have a problem setting up my neighbours Windows 11 computer. I have signed in to his Microsoft account but when we get to the step of assigning a pin code it says it have a problem and restarts the process and we can’t do anything I have tried restarting the computer...
  6. change pincode

change pincode: I had once accidentally linked my organization to my PC but then I had to change the pincode I later removed it again, but now I have different things that should be in the pincode, but I do not want that how do I change it?brief translation: your organization has set the...
  7. Parts of cortana are missing after last update

in Cortana
    Parts of cortana are missing after last update: parts of cortana are missing after installing latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parts-of-cortana-are-missing-after-last-update/f9e79b5f-843a-407d-99aa-ad9ab0c04231
  8. Pincode missing after update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pincode missing after update: I have updated Windows 10 from version 1803 to 1903. Now I no longer have to log into the desktop with a pincode, when I open up my laptop. How do I get that back?...
  9. pincode missing ater update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    pincode missing ater update: I have updated Windows 10 from version 1803 to 1903. Now I no longer have to log into the desktop with a pincode, when I open up my laptop. How do I get that back?...
  10. Missing Lockscreen setting icons and unfunctional spotlight lockscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Lockscreen setting icons and unfunctional spotlight lockscreen: I'm on Windows 10 pro, version 1607, and I have two problems, both of which I believe may be connected. My lock screen spotlight image does not change every now and then; the lock screen spotlight functionality that changes the lock screen picture once every couple of days...