Windows 10: Ping/Lag Spikes in Game. "Request timed out" in CP

Discus and support Ping/Lag Spikes in Game. "Request timed out" in CP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've been getting a lot of ping spikes in my games and also a lot of lag. I've tried using Command Prompt to ping Google to test and I get "Request... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AK670, Jan 24, 2021.

1. AK670 Win User

Ping/Lag Spikes in Game. "Request timed out" in CP

Hi, I've been getting a lot of ping spikes in my games and also a lot of lag. I've tried using Command Prompt to ping Google to test and I get "Request time out" which is when my ping spikes. I have tried resetting the network and running ipconfig's and a lot of other commands that I have seen on another post. Also called in my ISP to have them reset everything. But it has not seemed to solve the problem. If anyone has an idea of what going on or how to solve this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

AK670, Jan 24, 2021

2. Lag spikes while playing online games

Over the last year or so I have been getting periodic spikes of lag where I am unable to move or control my character in game. I have run multiple ping tests and hardware usage tests and there is no correlation between a high ping and these spikes, or
    high hardware usage and these spikes. I receive in game feed back that I have a momentary loss of connection. During these lag spikes I also remain at stable temperatures and other features, such as discord and Spotify, remain connected. If anyone could figure
    out my issue or has any tips on how to potentially fix this issue, all help would be appreciated.

RohlfJewell, Jan 24, 2021
  3. KianJK Win User
    massive ping spikes every 10-30 seconds

Hi i have been getting MASSIVE ping spikes while online gaming and i have tried every fix online i can find. i have tried these links,

How to Fix Wireless Lag Spikes | Techwalla.com

Easy Tweaks to Prevent Windows 10 Lag - Kill Ping

Permanent fix for WIFI Ping Spikes - Microsoft Community

Analyzing network issues which can cause lag (ping spikes ...

Is There Anyway To Stop Ping Spikes??? | Tom's Hardware Forum

Ping spikes on Wi-Fi every 10 seconds. – Solved. | HiTech ...

How to get rid of ping spikes on wireless! … - summonerschool ...
    i have tried all of these and none of them work for me. some have worked temporarily but none permanently. i have checked other computers on my network and they all work fine. i have tried replacing my wifi adapter,
    no luck. I have tried other online games and pinging 1.1.1.1 using command prompt and it shows the spikes there so it isnt game specific. I would really appreciate some help. thanks.

KianJK, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Ping/Lag Spikes in Game. "Request timed out" in CP

Random ping spikes in games

System:

Mobo: Gigabtye GA-A320M-S2H

RAM: 2xDDR4 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

Storage: 1 HDD and 1 SSD (Windows is on SSD)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

Problem

While playing online games, my ping will randomly
    spike up
    . In this time, my computer is effectively offline as I can't do anything online (use websites, discord calls etc). In games with built-in ping counters, it commonly reads 10,000 or more ping. After about 10 seconds, the ping will return to normal.
    The ping spikes get less common the longer my computer is on to the point they barely happen. They only start if I play an online game. I have been unable to find a fix that works for the current version of Windows 10.

derpybookshelf, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Ping/Lag Spikes in Game. "Request timed out" in CP

1. Ping/Lag Spikes in Game. "Request timed out" in CP - Similar Threads - Ping Lag Spikes

2. Ping request timed out with firewall off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping request timed out with firewall off: Hello everyone,I have a problem when pinging my computer either from another computer in my network or from my computer using the local address of the network interfaces or the loopback address. Each Echo request performed by the ping command times out.In the following I...
  3. Sudden ping spikes or "request timed out" when pinging router Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden ping spikes or "request timed out" when pinging router Wi-Fi: Hi everyone, I've been spending the entire day trying to figure this out and I just can't seem to fix it. So when I ping my router Wi-Fi with "Ping -t 192.168.2.1", I can usually ping it successfully. However, every 10-20 seconds there is a very high ping spike like 2000ms or...
  4. Sudden ping spikes or "request timed out" when pinging router Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden ping spikes or "request timed out" when pinging router Wi-Fi: Hi everyone, I've been spending the entire day trying to figure this out and I just can't seem to fix it. So when I ping my router Wi-Fi with "Ping -t 192.168.2.1", I can usually ping it successfully. However, every 10-20 seconds there is a very high ping spike like 2000ms or...
  5. Sudden ping spikes or "request timed out" when pinging router Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. High ping spikes / lag while online gaming

High ping spikes / lag while online gaming: Hello, I'm experiencing lag while online gaming. This happens across multiple games not just once. Everything was running fine before I updated my drivers. I should have sufficient internet with download at 200mb and upload at 12.5mb as it was running fine before. I restarted...
  7. Lag/Ping Spikes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lag/Ping Spikes.: I have an Omen HP which is a rather good gaming PC as well as very good internet, however, every 30 seconds to a minute my game freezes completely Ping jumps to around 2K and it takes around 3-5 seconds to unfreeze. This as anyone who plays games on a daily basis can tell it...
  8. Frequent request timed out when pinging

Frequent request timed out when pinging: Please help, i can't even browse properly. imagine gaming. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frequent-request-timed-out-when-pinging/7a2b74f1-e2a9-4fe8-970a-021e05d3b34a
  9. Ping error: Request time out

Ping error: Request time out: Hi, I have a big problem: I am using Windows 10 Home with Kaspersky Total Security. I VMware and running some virtual machines on it (Windows 7 and Windows 10 ENT). I made a loopback network adapter on my Windows 10 Home. Here are the network configurations: Windows...
  10. Ping spikes in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes in games: So my laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows (1809). I have generally stay away from windows updates because it always breaks something, but despite disabling the updates windows decided to force them on to my laptop. Ever since the update I have experienced...