Windows 10: Ping Problems

Discus and support Ping Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm currently working from home, and have moved to a new place. I have a wired connection to a game box I play with. I have been trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Acalanthis, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Ping Problems

Hi All,

I'm currently working from home, and have moved to a new place. I have a wired connection to a game box I play with. I have been trying to run a ping test for teaching from home, and it's giving me errors. Here's a screenshot:

What can I do? I tried resetting my network and it didn't work. Any help would be appreciated. Ping Problems 777d4601-689c-4bd7-ac4b-b2198bfe32e0?upload=true.png

:)

Acalanthis, Sep 17, 2020

2. Ping Problem only on Windows 10

Hi Marianadv,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. How are you trying to ping?
    2. What is the command that you are using to ping?
    3. What is the version of your Windows 10 computer? (To check the version of your Windows 10, you can refer
      See which version of Windows 10 you have).
    4. Have you installed any antivirus except Windows Defender?
    5. Have you tried a different internet connection?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to try the below methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:
    Turning Off Metered Connection.

I suggest you to try turning off the Metered Connection by following the below steps and try pinging.

1. Go to Settings > Network and Internet > Click on
      Wi-Fi or Ethernet from the left pane and select your network.
    2. Under Metered Connection, turn off the option
      Set as a metered connection > Restart the computer once and try pinging.

If you are getting the same result after turning off the Metered Connection, then follow
    Method 2.

Method 2:
    Network Troubleshooter.

1. Go to Settings > Network and Internet >
      Status.
    2. Under Change your network settings, select
      Network troubleshooter and follow the steps in the troubleshooter, and see if that fixes the problem.

If the Network Troubleshooter doesn’t find anything, then follow
    Method 3.

Method 3:
    Executing The Networking Commands.

• Click on the Start Menu > Search for
      Command Prompt
      > Right-click on Command Prompt >
      Run As Administrator
    • Once the Command Prompt is up and running, type the below commands one by one and hit
      Enter.

1. netsh winsock reset
    2. netsh int ip reset
    3. ipconfig /release
    4. ipconfig /renew
    5. ipconfig /flushdns

• Once the above commands are executed successfully,
      restart the computer once
      and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists after executing the above Networking Commands, then follow
    Method 4.

Method 4:
    Disabling Network Throttling.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, please refer this link:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

• Press the Windows and R keys > Type
      Regedit > Hit Enter.
    • Once the Registry Editor is up and running, go to the following key from the left pane.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \
    Microsoft
    \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \
    Multimedia \ SystemProfile

• Click on SystemProfile and double-click on
      NetworkThrottlingIndex from the right pane.
    • Change the Value data to FFFFFFFF by selecting
      Hexadecimal as the Base and click on OK.
    • Restart the computer once after making the changes and check if you are getting the same result while pinging.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after performing the above troubleshooting methods, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 17, 2020
  3. ping problem

i have upgraded windows 10 a few weeks back and i was facing the problem of high ping in speed test around 400-500. i tried fixing the problem by all the means provided by the microsoft community still no enhancement in ping. so
    i rolled back to windows 8.1. and yesterday i download windows 10 as 29 July approaches then again i am facing the same problem of ping it's now around 500,and even 800 and the another PC connected to the same router has ping below 100. and working on windows
    8.1 i didn't faced any of these problems. i have everything provided on Microsoft's site but no improvement. the only option left with me is again rollback to 8.1 which i don't want because windows 10 is amazing except this problem. please provide suggestions
    before i rollback to 8.1.

ayushimalviya, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Ping Problems

Windows 10 ping problem with autoconfig enabled

Hi Denis,

Resetting your Wi-Fi router is one of the maintenance procedures that help refresh your network connectivity. In this way, it could eliminate latency and will return your network status like when you started using the Internet. To
    resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset your TCP/IP or
    Internet Protocol
    to its default settings. To do this, follow the instructions below:

Step #1: Run the Network troubleshooter. To diagnose your network configuration, perform the steps below:

1. Open Start menu, then click Settings icon.

2. Click Network & Internet.

3. On the left pane, click Status.

4. Click Network troubleshooter to diagnose and fix network problems.

Step #2: Perform an Internet connection reset via
    Command Prompt. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.

2. Type cmd, then press Enter.

3. Type the following commands, then press Enter after typing each commands below:

netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt

netsh winhttp reset proxy

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset

4. Restart your PC to complete the process.

Step #3: We also suggest that you restart your router and wait for 15-30 seconds then turn it on again. Visit this link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting alternatives for your Internet connection. Updating your
    Ethernet adapter driver is also suggested there.

Step #4: Ping Microsoft server
    then tell us the result through a screenshot.

1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.

2. Type cmd, then press Enter. Type ping
    www.microsoft.com and press Enter.

• If you receive 4 replies, it means that your connection with the site is working properly.
    • If you got a request time out, it means that your connection has issues.

Step #5: Disable all other anti-virus programs and enable
    Windows Defender only.

Step #6: Check your Internet connection ping status and speed.
    You can test it here: www.speedtest.net.

Step #7: If you are using a wireless connection, make sure that there is no interference around your area that blocks its signal. We also suggest that you must be in close proximity with your WiFi source or signal.
    If all troubleshooting steps above have no avail, contact your Internet service provider for more assistance.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Ping Problems

1. Ping Problems - Similar Threads - Ping Problems

2. High ping problems made worse after a network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High ping problems made worse after a network reset: So I recently noticed high latency and ping problems when playing video games after using a certain software to run said games. I've since deleted the software but I still get very high ms on all of the games I play. I don't think its a router problem as I've reset, and my...
  3. High ping problems made worse after a network reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High ping problems made worse after a network reset: So I recently noticed high latency and ping problems when playing video games after using a certain software to run said games. I've since deleted the software but I still get very high ms on all of the games I play. I don't think its a router problem as I've reset, and my...
  4. RDP for Mac doesn't connect to my Windows 11 Pro installation but no problem pinging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP for Mac doesn't connect to my Windows 11 Pro installation but no problem pinging: Hi,I have Windows 11 Pro installation to which I want to connect via RDP from my Mac. Both machines are connected to the internet via wifi and are connected to each other via Ethernet to a network switch. Ethernet connection on each machine is set via manually assigned IPv4...
  5. RDP for Mac doesn't connect to my Windows 11 Pro installation but no problem pinging

RDP for Mac doesn't connect to my Windows 11 Pro installation but no problem pinging: Hi,I have Windows 11 Pro installation to which I want to connect via RDP from my Mac. Both machines are connected to the internet via wifi and are connected to each other via Ethernet to a network switch. Ethernet connection on each machine is set via manually assigned IPv4...
  6. Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?: Periodically in any online game every 5-7 minutes the ping jumps from 20 to 40-60 and this is accompanied by such good glitches, overclocking for one or two seconds.This happens only in the 2.4 Hz range.For example, everything is stable on the 5 GHz band, on the same...
  7. Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?

Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?: Periodically in any online game every 5-7 minutes the ping jumps from 20 to 40-60 and this is accompanied by such good glitches, overclocking for one or two seconds.This happens only in the 2.4 Hz range.For example, everything is stable on the 5 GHz band, on the same...
  8. Problems with ping on the 2.4 GHz band?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. How to get Free Fire Ping Problem Solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Free Fire Ping Problem Solution: A strong internet connection is essential for playing battle royale games. One game that absolutely needs a reliable internet connection is Free Fire. It is a light-weight BR game. As a result, it uses less data than its rivals PUBG mobile and Call of Duty. Your game will...
  10. How to get Free Fire Ping Problem Solution

How to get Free Fire Ping Problem Solution: A strong internet connection is essential for playing battle royale games. One game that absolutely needs a reliable internet connection is Free Fire. It is a light-weight BR game. As a result, it uses less data than its rivals PUBG mobile and Call of Duty. Your game will...