Windows 10: Ping question

Discus and support Ping question in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I think there's something wrong with my ping. Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64Reply from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by debgram, Jun 3, 2017.

1. debgram Win User

Ping question

I think there's something wrong with my ping.

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

:)

debgram, Jun 3, 2017

2. I cannot connect to YouTube

For us to further isolate the issue, kindly provide the answers for the following questions:

• Are you able to ping a different website like www.bing.com?
    • Have you tried to ping YouTube using a different computer connected to the same network? Are you able to ping YouTube outside your network?

Lov Dollente, Jun 3, 2017
  3. Ping in mouse context menu

Hello, I work with maintenance and support of computers and usually I need to answer remote calls. To verify that the computer is properly connected to the network, I use the ping command.

My question is: Is there any way to put an option in the context menu that is something like "ping on selected IP", after I select the IP that I want to ping with the left button?

Thanks!

MatheusTSA, Jun 3, 2017
  4. Ping question

This is what I get

Ping question [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jun 3, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Looks correct to me. A round trip time of 0ms is what you'd expect for pinging 127.0.0.1 - it's the localhost, your own machine. I'd be worried if it showed anything other than an instant response!

For measurable round trip times try pinging something else, your router perhaps...

Or for something further away, try: ping TenForums.com

Bree, Jun 3, 2017
  6. debgram Win User
    Is this good.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping TenForums.comPinging TenForums.com [184.172.52.107] with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 184.172.52.107: bytes=32 time=55ms TTL=115Reply from 184.172.52.107: bytes=32 time=54ms TTL=115Reply from 184.172.52.107: bytes=32 time=54ms TTL=115Reply from 184.172.52.107: bytes=32 time=55ms TTL=115Ping statistics for 184.172.52.107: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 54ms, Maximum = 55ms, Average = 54ms

debgram, Jun 3, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    It's better than I get, but then I have an ocean to cross to see that server *Smile Looks perfectly normal to me.

What is it that concerns you? Why are you testing ping?

Bree, Jun 3, 2017
  8. debgram Win User

Ping question

For playing Battlefield 1

debgram, Jun 3, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    I don't play, but if you are getting a slow response in the game you should be pinging the server your game uses. The round trip time consists of two components, the routing that connects you to the server and the time it takes the serve to respond to a ping request. Tracert is another command you can try that shows you the routing and the time of each step.

For what I can gather from Google the main complaint is a slow menu. There are many threads about that on the Battlefield forum that may help. Here's one...

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us...u-load-time-pc

Bree, Jun 3, 2017
  10. debgram Win User
    not really slow response but lagging and server disconnects

debgram, Jun 3, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    As I said, I don't play. Perhaps another who does will come along. In the mean time, there are threads about that on the Battlefield forum too.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us...to-the-session

Edit: there seem to be some solutions on page 4 of that thread.

12. Berton Win User
    One way I like to test is to use ping amazon.com. Some Web sites like to block the pinging, don't know why as it's a good diagnostic if having problems with a site or even getting a browser to work. Maybe it's a DoS issue, could get overloaded?

Berton, Jun 3, 2017
  13. debgram Win User

Ping question

Thanks I'll give that a try...............

debgram, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ping question

1. Ping question - Similar Threads - Ping question

2. How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...: For a couple of days now I have been experiencing rough ping spikes while gaming and video streaming. It happens between consistent intervals, usually around every 8-15 seconds. It will jump up to 200 or even 300 and then back down. I have tried many solutions but nothing has...
  3. How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of ping spikes happening every 8-15 seconds. Happens while video streaming...: For a couple of days now I have been experiencing rough ping spikes while gaming and video streaming. It happens between consistent intervals, usually around every 8-15 seconds. It will jump up to 200 or even 300 and then back down. I have tried many solutions but nothing has...
  4. Print Offline but can be pinged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Offline but can be pinged: HP printer set up as wireless. Local address is 192.168.0.244. Windows 10.Suddenly I could not print from my HP . Windows shows that it is offline but I am able to ping it successfully. Power off and ON printer. Plug and unplug printer. Reboot PC. None of that helped.1. Open...
  5. Print Offline but can be pinged

Print Offline but can be pinged: HP printer set up as wireless. Local address is 192.168.0.244. Windows 10.Suddenly I could not print from my HP . Windows shows that it is offline but I am able to ping it successfully. Power off and ON printer. Plug and unplug printer. Reboot PC. None of that helped.1. Open...
  6. Getting Huge Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Huge Ping Spikes: Hi, as the description says, i have been getting very high ping spikes recently. I have already been looking trough many other posts, with similar issues and tried as many fixes i could find. I also did a Test on this Website and as you can see in the picuture, my ping spikes...
  7. Getting Huge Ping Spikes

Getting Huge Ping Spikes: Hi, as the description says, i have been getting very high ping spikes recently. I have already been looking trough many other posts, with similar issues and tried as many fixes i could find. I also did a Test on this Website and as you can see in the picuture, my ping spikes...
  8. My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...

My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...: My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP virtual Server and the results are different. Would you please answer it....
  9. My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...: My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP virtual Server and the results are different. Would you please answer it....
  10. My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...

in Windows 10 Gaming

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64