Windows 10: Ping randomly jumped from 30 to 300.

Discus and support Ping randomly jumped from 30 to 300. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, let me preface this by saying I am a complete windows noob. I just got this computer about a month ago, and it is my first ever windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QuackDuckYayHi, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Ping randomly jumped from 30 to 300.

Hey guys, let me preface this by saying I am a complete windows noob. I just got this computer about a month ago, and it is my first ever windows computer (I used to be a Mac man). I am a teenager and my parents are largely against getting Ethernet (even though I’ve explained to them that we already have Ethernet and all we need is the cable) so at this point I’ve given up and I just bought a motherboard with WiFi.

For the first twenty five ish days, it hasn’t been a problem. My ping has hovered at around 30, which is normal and was normal for my old Mac. Two to three days ago, however, my ping randomly jumped to around 300 to 400 across all online things on the computer (not just one specific game). There will also be random reverse ping spikes where it goes down to like 80 for a couple of seconds but then jumps back to 300. I didn’t do anything to initiate this change, it just kind of occurred.

I’ve already tried a ton of stuff, such as “how to lower your ping” tutorials on YouTube, and they have helped a minuscule amount but it still doesn’t go below 300. I’m just wondering if any of you more experienced individuals know what might be going on and if it is a problem with my computer/motherboard/WiFi antenna/router/etc. Every online game is essentially unplayable, so I would really appreciate any feedback you could give. Thanks!

submitted by /u/QuackDuckYayHi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QuackDuckYayHi, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Ping randomly jumped from 30 to 300.

my ping went from 60 to 300

Ok this is a very long story. I know I'm not on Windows 10 but I need help. I'm on a Windows 8 computer and I've been playing the new game overwatch, and about last week my ping went from 60 to 300 and so I got the fastest internet that at&t provides but it just shot up from 300 to 1800 and now I render the game unbearable so I looked up ways to speed it up and one of them said close things in the task manager. So I disabled things that took double digits and little did I know I disabled wifi, sound, troubleshooting isn't doing anything, I've tried to reset my computer but it says something went wrong and nothing was changed. Is there a way to enable everything that I disabled? And for a bonus question anyone know how to lower overwatch ping? (My wifi ping is 24 and overwatch carries between 800 and 1800

Codster844, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Ping randomly jumped from 30 to 300.

1. Ping randomly jumped from 30 to 300. - Similar Threads - Ping randomly jumped

2. ping spikes to 100-300 every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ping spikes to 100-300 every 15 seconds: my family got this router called the deco m5 which comes with 2 boosters, I connect to the main one connected to the modem the modem is an nbn box since I live in Australia, anyways my ping stays steady at 30 then every 15 seconds it shoots to 300 I have no Idea what to do, I...
  3. ping spikes to 100-300 every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ping spikes to 100-300 every 15 seconds: my family got this router called the deco m5 which comes with 2 boosters, I connect to the main one connected to the modem the modem is an nbn box since I live in Australia, anyways my ping stays steady at 30 then every 15 seconds it shoots to 300 I have no Idea what to do, I...
  4. Random Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Ping spikes: [ATTACH] In my console i typed ping www.google.com -t Now i run this to see when i get ping spikes and to show what is actually happening. At random moments my Discord stops completely like for enough time where i cant hear anyone anymore but not enough to disconnect me...
  5. Random ping spikes in games

Random ping spikes in games: System: Mobo: Gigabtye GA-A320M-S2H RAM: 2xDDR4 8GB CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Storage: 1 HDD and 1 SSD Windows is on SSD GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 OS: Windows 10 Problem While playing online games, my ping will randomly spike up. In this time, my computer is effectively...
  6. Random Cursor Jumping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Cursor Jumping: I just purchased a brand new Dell XPS 13 7390 that has Windows 10 Home. It has been a great device thus far until the cursor became sporadic. It has a mind of its own loving to jump mainly within the same line but also throughout other lines. It keeps getting worse and worse...
  7. Ping is bouncing around from 30 to 1200 ms! (Gaming)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ping is bouncing around from 30 to 1200 ms! (Gaming): There was recently a Windows update that I could not avoid, as my wife had shutdown my computer. This is the update that was causing problems with Windows 10. My internet speed is around 100mbps, but when I try to play League of Legends, or Call of duty, my ping fluctuates so...
  8. random ping spikes

random ping spikes: i get lots of random ping spikes. they dont happen all the time but maybe once evry 2 days and last hours. when i type ping my ip -t in cmd it says "request timed out" every time i spike. none of my other devices seem to experience this issue and i even got a new antenna and...
  9. Random High Ping Spikes

Random High Ping Spikes: Internet, This is my first post ever, so no judge haha. Anyways, I've been having quite large ping spikes from 100-999+. It makes all online games pretty much unplayable, I'm not quite sure what the issue is after looking at 10+ different website, nothing seems to work. I've...
  10. my ping went from 60 to 300

my ping went from 60 to 300: Ok this is a very long story. I know I'm not on Windows 10 but I need help. I'm on a Windows 8 computer and I've been playing the new game overwatch, and about last week my ping went from 60 to 300 and so I got the fastest internet that at&t provides but it just shot up from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ping jumps to 300 randomly on desktop