Windows 10: Ping randomly spikes in game I figured out the culprit but I need a PERMANENT solution

Discus and support Ping randomly spikes in game I figured out the culprit but I need a PERMANENT solution in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Model: Lenovo Legion Slim 5 16APH8Describe the issue: While playing games such as war thunder or genshin impact my ping will suddenly spike for 2-3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Piong Kuan Yew, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Ping randomly spikes in game I figured out the culprit but I need a PERMANENT solution

Model: Lenovo Legion Slim 5 16APH8Describe the issue: While playing games such as war thunder or genshin impact my ping will suddenly spike for 2-3 seconds then come back down. I already figured out what is causing it, for some reason the Realtek 8852 CEcard dramatically increases the ping when looking for new connections. While in game, for some reason, it continues to look for new connections. Hence, it is why I am experiencing the lag. TO CONCLUDE, AUTOTUNING IS CAUSING THE ISSUE.What have you tried already?: Everything, resetting the laptop, drivers, BIOS, software, etc... When did it star

:)

Piong Kuan Yew, Feb 12, 2024
  2. Alex_195 Win User

Roblox Ping Spikes

Recently for the past month or so, I've noticed my ping randomly spikes on Roblox. This ONLY happens on Roblox and nothing else. It spikes up super high, surpassing 1000. My internet is fine and I have no problems with other games. It has become unplayable on most games and really need a solution. Anyway, Thanks...

Alex_195, Feb 12, 2024
  3. mhhao1 Win User
    Random ping spike when playing games

Hi,

I am facing a random ping spike when playing games like LOL and Apex Legends. Ping stays around 12-20ms for most of the time but will jump to a couple hundred randomly. I have tried various types of solutions suggested in the community, one of them suggesting uninstall Autodesk do help me once but not after a couple of days.

Before I uninstall autodesk, this ping spike was shown before when I ping in cmd. However, pinging in cmd now is stable and does not have ping spikes.

As it might help, my computer is recently got quite often blue screen with video tdr failure. My network issue start happening right after this blue screen issue occurs. I have also tried many suggestions against solving this blue screen issue like updating drivers. I attached my profile below, in addition to that, my motherboard is Z490 and GPU is 1060 6G.

Device name hmywudi

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB

Device ID 641BE5A5-8556-4DE1-A96A-09145B0F3C99

Product ID 00331-20090-00000-AA824

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

mhhao1, Feb 12, 2024
  4. Ping randomly spikes in game I figured out the culprit but I need a PERMANENT solution

Random ping spikes in games

System:

Mobo: Gigabtye GA-A320M-S2H

RAM: 2xDDR4 8GB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X

Storage: 1 HDD and 1 SSD (Windows is on SSD)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

Problem

While playing online games, my ping will randomly
    spike up
    . In this time, my computer is effectively offline as I can't do anything online (use websites, discord calls etc). In games with built-in ping counters, it commonly reads 10,000 or more ping. After about 10 seconds, the ping will return to normal.
    The ping spikes get less common the longer my computer is on to the point they barely happen. They only start if I play an online game. I have been unable to find a fix that works for the current version of Windows 10.

derpybookshelf, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

Ping randomly spikes in game I figured out the culprit but I need a PERMANENT solution

1. Ping randomly spikes in game I figured out the culprit but I need a PERMANENT solution - Similar Threads - Ping randomly spikes

2. Random ping spikes while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random ping spikes while playing games: Hello, I would like to ask anyone if he has experienced something like this before. Since middle of March this year I started experiencing huge ping spikes in game. My internet wasn't the fastest until then but I was still able to comfortably CS2 or Rocket League with my ping...
  3. Ping randomly spikes in game I figured out the culprit but I need a PERMANENT solution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping randomly spikes in game I figured out the culprit but I need a PERMANENT solution: Model: Lenovo Legion Slim 5 16APH8Describe the issue: While playing games such as war thunder or genshin impact my ping will suddenly spike for 2-3 seconds then come back down. I already figured out what is causing it, for some reason the Realtek 8852 CEcard dramatically...
  4. Random ping spike when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random ping spike when playing games: Hi,I am facing a random ping spike when playing games like LOL and Apex Legends. Ping stays around 12-20ms for most of the time but will jump to a couple hundred randomly. I have tried various types of solutions suggested in the community, one of them suggesting uninstall...
  5. Random ping spike when playing games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random ping spike when playing games: Hi,I am facing a random ping spike when playing games like LOL and Apex Legends. Ping stays around 12-20ms for most of the time but will jump to a couple hundred randomly. I have tried various types of solutions suggested in the community, one of them suggesting uninstall...
  6. Random ping spikes while gaming

Random ping spikes while gaming: Hi,I've been having this problem for a while now with my wifi. Whilst playing games I will go from a steady ~20ms to 300+ for about half a minute and then shoot back down.This is a similar question to this however I have a problem that he...
  7. Random Ping spikes

Random Ping spikes: [ATTACH] In my console i typed ping www.google.com -t Now i run this to see when i get ping spikes and to show what is actually happening. At random moments my Discord stops completely like for enough time where i cant hear anyone anymore but not enough to disconnect me...
  8. Random ping spikes in games

Random ping spikes in games: System: Mobo: Gigabtye GA-A320M-S2H RAM: 2xDDR4 8GB CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Storage: 1 HDD and 1 SSD Windows is on SSD GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 OS: Windows 10 Problem While playing online games, my ping will randomly spike up. In this time, my computer is effectively...
  9. random ping spikes

random ping spikes: i get lots of random ping spikes. they dont happen all the time but maybe once evry 2 days and last hours. when i type ping my ip -t in cmd it says "request timed out" every time i spike. none of my other devices seem to experience this issue and i even got a new antenna and...
  10. Random ping spikes while gaming.

Random ping spikes while gaming.: I recently (about 2 weeks ago) started having random lag spikes while playing games. I only really notice it while playing online video games with friends, and i can tell that it is a ping issue not a frame rate issue. My Discord is also affected. My friends recommended...