Windows 10: Ping spike in windows 10 home in Asus rog g531 GT i5 variant

Discus and support Ping spike in windows 10 home in Asus rog g531 GT i5 variant in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just bought asus g531 GT i5 variant 2 weeks ago . Most AAA offline games run fine.. but when it comes to online games like csgo or apex, the ping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dynamo_123, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Ping spike in windows 10 home in Asus rog g531 GT i5 variant

I just bought asus g531 GT i5 variant 2 weeks ago . Most AAA offline games run fine.. but when it comes to online games like csgo or apex, the ping spike is too much ..in csgo fps is always around 150 and there is no loss of packet data.. but every 5-10 seconds, Ping jumps to 1000+.. i am in wifi . I know it may seem the wifi has some issue . But i still play the same games in same wifi in old laptop and there is no such ping spike noticed . *Wireless driver is up to date *Windows is up to date *Bios is up to date as well *Xbox game bar disabled

Please give solution ...

submitted by /u/dynamo_123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dynamo_123, Nov 4, 2019

2. Extreme ping spikes whilst playing games!

Hi,

I play games such as CS:GO (Counter Strike: Global Offensive), H1Z1, Minecraft and many more. When I play games such as H1Z1 everything is fine no lag, no problems, however when I play CS:GO I get extreme ping spikes and I do not know how to fix it! I have
    looked everywhere! And when I say everywhere I mean everywhere! I can be playing a match with 40-60 ping then all of a sudden is goes to 800-1000 in a matter of seconds! If someone could help me I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much!

System:

Asus ROG G511

Intel Core i7

8GB Ram

64 bit

Windows 10

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960m

Josh

JStandley22, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Glitch404 Win User
    Periodic ping spikes for wireless network adapters

Hi guys!

I have been having issues with my wireless network adapters since upgrading to Windows 10 earlier this spring. What I've noticed is that I consistently get periodic ping spikes (~3k ms) at regular intervals, which means I'm essentially unable to play any online games (specifically CS:GO and DOTA2) on my desktop. A wired connection is not an option for me, as the socket is too far away from my room.

Initially I was able to stabilize my wireless connection by reverting to an older driver for my Netgear wireless dongle. This changed after the Windows 10 anniversary update (was that the name of the new update...?) and I'm back to getting periodic ping spikes again.

I've tested both of my wifi dongles on my laptop and I get a consistent connection with no spikes during those tests, meaning that the issue shouldn't be with the dongles.

I've done a lot of googling to try and find a fix but nobody seems to have the exact same issue that I have and I'm honestly desperate at this point. I've updated drivers, so the problem shouldn't be there. Could the problem perhaps be in power supply?

My computer specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.00 GHz
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760
    Memory: 10 GB RAM
    Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Ranger
    Network Adapter: Netgear A6100 wifi dongle
    Asus EZ N802.11b/g/n wifi dongle

Also my router is the Netgear R6100 (dual band).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Glitch404, Nov 4, 2019
  4. holy crow Win User

Ping spike in windows 10 home in Asus rog g531 GT i5 variant

Random Ping Spikes

As of two days ago, I have been getting random ping spikes. I have done speed tests, and get normal speeds, but when I ping my router or other sites, such as Google.com, Ill have random spikes of up to 400ms. It will be a stable 1ms when I ping my router, but will randomly spike to ~400ms at random intervals. Any help is appreciated. I can supply any screenshots if necessary.

holy crow, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Ping spike in windows 10 home in Asus rog g531 GT i5 variant

1. Ping spike in windows 10 home in Asus rog g531 GT i5 variant - Similar Threads - Ping spike home

2. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  3. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  4. Windows 10 ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 ping spikes: I'm currently having lots of ping spikes in games and it goes from around 50ms to 200ms. I have just gotten to Windows 10 through media tools so I pretty much have a clean installation of Windows 10. I have tried almost everything but I still can't seem to get the ping to...
  5. Windows 10 ping spikes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 ping spikes: I'm currently having lots of ping spikes in games and it goes from around 50ms to 200ms. I have just gotten to Windows 10 through media tools so I pretty much have a clean installation of Windows 10. I have tried almost everything but I still can't seem to get the ping to...
  6. Windows 10 ping spikes

7. Ping Spikes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes on Windows 10: I just encountered an annoyance in Windows 10, particularly when playing games. Because of this, I can no longer play any games smoothly. Websites occasionally fail to load, and download speeds are poor. I tried everything I could think of, including installing drivers,...
  8. Ping Spikes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping Spikes on Windows 10: I just encountered an annoyance in Windows 10, particularly when playing games. Because of this, I can no longer play any games smoothly. Websites occasionally fail to load, and download speeds are poor. I tried everything I could think of, including installing drivers,...
  9. Ping Spikes on Windows 10

10. Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes: Every time i play a game my ping always spikes all the way up to 1000+ MS when my average is around 80-100 when its not spiking anyone knows how to fix? Please ive been dealing with this problem for 3 Months now...