Windows 10: Ping spikes for no apparent reason and general bad perfromance of Wi Fi

Discus and support Ping spikes for no apparent reason and general bad perfromance of Wi Fi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using a wi-fi adapter but i noticed a bit of loading time on phones aswell so it doesn't seem to be because of the adapter. I believe it might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertCostean, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Ping spikes for no apparent reason and general bad perfromance of Wi Fi

I'm using a wi-fi adapter but i noticed a bit of loading time on phones aswell so it doesn't seem to be because of the adapter.

I believe it might be a problem with the wi-fi but nothing changed in my setup and all of a sudden it started underperforming.

When i ping google.com in command prompt I get a lot of 30-40 but sometimes it goes up to around 200-400 and rarely over a thousand.

Im looking for any solutions.

:)

RobertCostean, Aug 12, 2019
  2. oBqnny Win User

Keep getting ping spikes while using Wi-Fi.

Hi. Recently (since about a week), i have been getting regular ping spikes while playing the MOBA game ''League of legends''. Everyone 5-10 seconds or so my ms goes from a stable 30 to about 150. This issue does not only occur while playing League of Legends but also when playing other games. The spikes seem to always occur in important situations throughout the game.

I have done multiple Wi-Fi tests which have been extremely unstable as sometimes the test just doesn't work or some other times i get a result as high as 70mb/s for download and 50mb/s of upload. I have updated all of my drivers and have done multiple malware scans. I have also checked task manager while in a game to see if anything was using up Wi-Fi but nothing pops up.

I don't think the problem has to do with my router or internet provider since my my Wi-Fi works fine on every other system that is using it (Ipad, phone, other computers, consoles, etc...). I am not using Ethernet by the way, I am using a wireless adapter. The Wi-Fi worked alright before and I have no idea what caused it to suddenly stop working.

Please help *Sad.

oBqnny, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 - Next generation Wi-Fi connectivity

Source: Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 | Wi-Fi Alliance

Brink, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Ping spikes for no apparent reason and general bad perfromance of Wi Fi

Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Ping spikes for no apparent reason and general bad perfromance of Wi Fi

1. Ping spikes for no apparent reason and general bad perfromance of Wi Fi - Similar Threads - Ping spikes apparent

2. Ping spiking on Wi-Fi connection network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping spiking on Wi-Fi connection network: I am writing to seek assistance with a persistent issue I have been experiencing regarding my internet connectivity. Despite being connected to a Wi-Fi network in close proximity to the router, I am encountering significant latency problems that are adversely affecting my...
  3. Consistent and constant high ping spikes with wi-fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent and constant high ping spikes with wi-fi: Hello,I've been experiencing short duration about 2 seconds high ping spikes +300 ms every 15 seconds or so in my PC, which makes it impossible to play games or do any other task that requires consistent ping.This happens when i'm using wi-fi, when i use an ethernet cable,...
  4. Consistent and constant high ping spikes with wi-fi

Consistent and constant high ping spikes with wi-fi: Hello,I've been experiencing short duration about 2 seconds high ping spikes +300 ms every 15 seconds or so in my PC, which makes it impossible to play games or do any other task that requires consistent ping.This happens when i'm using wi-fi, when i use an ethernet cable,...
  5. Consistent and constant high ping spikes with wi-fi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Sudden ping spikes or "request timed out" when pinging router Wi-Fi

Sudden ping spikes or "request timed out" when pinging router Wi-Fi: Hi everyone, I've been spending the entire day trying to figure this out and I just can't seem to fix it. So when I ping my router Wi-Fi with "Ping -t 192.168.2.1", I can usually ping it successfully. However, every 10-20 seconds there is a very high ping spike like 2000ms or...
  7. Sudden ping spikes or "request timed out" when pinging router Wi-Fi

Sudden ping spikes or "request timed out" when pinging router Wi-Fi: Hi everyone, I've been spending the entire day trying to figure this out and I just can't seem to fix it. So when I ping my router Wi-Fi with "Ping -t 192.168.2.1", I can usually ping it successfully. However, every 10-20 seconds there is a very high ping spike like 2000ms or...
  8. Ping spikes Wi-Fi Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ping spikes Wi-Fi Windows 10: Hey guys ! I would like some help. I've found out some HUGE ping spikes, and I can't solve this. OneDrive is uninstalled, my Wifi drivers are up to date, I tried to disable the WLAN Autoconfig too but nothing works. Please, i'm desesperate. Ping test :...
  9. Windows Scanning for Wi-Fi and causing ping spikes.

Windows Scanning for Wi-Fi and causing ping spikes.: I have been having a problem where my Wifi spikes every ten seconds. I have narrowed it down to the way Windows scans for Wifi every ten seconds. It is fixed when I disable WLAN Autoconfig but then when I restart my computer, it cannot find Wifi networks. This requires me to...
  10. Keep getting ping spikes while using Wi-Fi.

Keep getting ping spikes while using Wi-Fi.: Hi. Recently (since about a week), i have been getting regular ping spikes while playing the MOBA game ''League of legends''. Everyone 5-10 seconds or so my ms goes from a stable 30 to about 150. This issue does not only occur while playing League of Legends but also when...