Windows 10: Ping spikes in games

Discus and support Ping spikes in games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So my laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows (1809). I have generally stay away from windows updates because it always breaks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KyleBlues, Jan 9, 2019.

1. KyleBlues Win User

Ping spikes in games

So my laptop recently updated to the latest version of windows (1809). I have generally stay away from windows updates because it always breaks something, but despite disabling the updates windows decided to force them on to my laptop. Ever since the update I have experienced ping spikes of 40-60ms in all games and poor loading of videos. I use glasswire to monitor my network usage and have seen nothing out of the ordinary. I believe it is windows doing something in the background hidden away from the user. And No it is not a virus, I have ruled that out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

KyleBlues, Jan 9, 2019

2. Extreme ping spikes whilst playing games!

Hi,

I play games such as CS:GO (Counter Strike: Global Offensive), H1Z1, Minecraft and many more. When I play games such as H1Z1 everything is fine no lag, no problems, however when I play CS:GO I get extreme ping spikes and I do not know how to fix it! I have
    looked everywhere! And when I say everywhere I mean everywhere! I can be playing a match with 40-60 ping then all of a sudden is goes to 800-1000 in a matter of seconds! If someone could help me I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much!

System:

Asus ROG G511

Intel Core i7

8GB Ram

64 bit

Windows 10

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960m

Josh

JStandley22, Jan 9, 2019
  3. holy crow Win User
    Random Ping Spikes

As of two days ago, I have been getting random ping spikes. I have done speed tests, and get normal speeds, but when I ping my router or other sites, such as Google.com, Ill have random spikes of up to 400ms. It will be a stable 1ms when I ping my router, but will randomly spike to ~400ms at random intervals. Any help is appreciated. I can supply any screenshots if necessary.

holy crow, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Inno14 Win User

Ping spikes in games

QUALCOMM ATHEROS AR956x PING SPIKES IN GAME,PLEASE HELP ME

I have ping spikes:the ping is 30-50 and every 5-10 seconds become 1000-2000,the ping spikes is for 2-3 seconds.

I try change dns,i try update driver to last version and i try reinstall driver,but ping spikes problem is no solved.My laptop is lenovo y50-70,my network card is qualcomm atheros ar956x,my driver version is 10.0.0.329(last version).

My driver card default setting is:

802.11b Preamble:long and short

adhoc 11n:disable

receive buffers:256

scan valid interval:60

trasmit buffers:512

Help me please

Inno14, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Ping spikes in games

1. Ping spikes in games - Similar Threads - Ping spikes games

2. Ping Spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes while gaming: I've been spiking on games a lot. My ping is normally at 20-25 and it sometimes spikes up to 200+.This has been a problem for a while. I've tried factory resetting my laptop multiples times and it ends up coming back after a couple weeks. Is there a fix to this issue? W...
  3. Ping Spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping Spikes while gaming: I've been spiking on games a lot. My ping is normally at 20-25 and it sometimes spikes up to 200+.This has been a problem for a while. I've tried factory resetting my laptop multiples times and it ends up coming back after a couple weeks. Is there a fix to this issue? W...
  4. Ping Spikes while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  6. Ping spikes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping spikes: On monday my ISP installed new router and cable going to my house. Everything worked fine for first 2 days, I was really happy with the speed of download and low stable ping, but today I experienced huge ping spikes is online games to the point of making them unplayable.I...
  7. Ping Spikes In All Games

Ping Spikes In All Games: I keep having ping spikes whenever I play any game on my pc rendering the game unplayable due to the game freezing and most of the time ending in my death. I have searched the internet using every method that I have found or know how to accomplish and cannot stop the ping...
  8. ping spikes while gaming

ping spikes while gaming: ill just get to the point. i have a 3mb ethernet connection and it wont let me game in the daytime, by that i mean i experience very high ping and packet loss of 100% every few seconds and unable to play with any satisfaction in the day, but when its past midnight it works...
  9. Ping Spikes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Spikes: Every time i play a game my ping always spikes all the way up to 1000+ MS when my average is around 80-100 when its not spiking anyone knows how to fix? Please ive been dealing with this problem for 3 Months now...
  10. Random ping spikes in games

Random ping spikes in games: System: Mobo: Gigabtye GA-A320M-S2H RAM: 2xDDR4 8GB CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Storage: 1 HDD and 1 SSD Windows is on SSD GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 OS: Windows 10 Problem While playing online games, my ping will randomly spike up. In this time, my computer is effectively...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high ping spikes windows 10

2. windows 1809 lag spikes